Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair Alli is more of a team player than Barkley. He suits himself to the high energy, all action pressing game of Pocchettino.
Barkley always played like he wanted to be the star of the show, but he's learning the benefits of teamwork real fast. His final ball still need work though.

Wish people would stop with this rubbish ??

Its football, not all 'Final' balls end in the net.

I watched Coutinho lose the ball well into double figures the other day, and not 1 word is said.

David Silva did it against Arsenal, and Yaya was doing it all game.

So why is a 21 year old the ONLY player picked up on it.

Anyone pick Ericksen on it form yesterday ?????

I watched Coutinho lose the ball well into double figures the other day, and not 1 word is said.

I'd rather have Barkley over Coutinho any day.

Coutinho has a good shot on him and that's about it. Most people act like he's one of the greatest talents to grace the English game.

1 in 3 player.

Why on an Everton forum would people be discussing Coutinho's final ball?
I also think Silva and Toure maybe have a bit more credit in the bank with their respective fans.

Why on an Everton forum would people be discussing Coutinho's final ball?
I also think Silva and Toure maybe have a bit more credit in the bank with their respective fans.

Its in the general media about Ross and his final ball.

If players at that level and stage of career lose the ball and dont nail that final pass, then why is a 21 year old lad getting slaughtered for it!??

This is so right, it seems to be a label people are desperate to place on Barkley. Even other sets of fans seem to gravitate towards it.

Just lazy analysis from so called experts on the TV who are stealing a living.

If players at that level and stage of career lose the ball and dont nail that final pass, then why is a 21 year old lad getting slaughtered for it!??

i was on Twitter last night having s discussion lol, after Jamie carragher had put Ali has over taken Ross. And some Everton fans agreed, don't get me wrong I think Ali is quality and will be a fantastic player. But I pointed out he played for a media darling club and would he be getting this much praise if he played for Everton?
And would Dier be in the England team if he played for us.
Coutinho is a great example of playing for a media darling club and like other people have mentioned he got in team of the year last season on the back of 3 good months.
Like Gomez who lfc signed from charlton, played a couple of good games and the press are trying to get him in the England squad. Yet Galloway was more impressive IMO but no talk of him for England.

I also pointed out that Ross has more goals and assists and a better pass rate than Ali this year. He's also top of the squawka rankings, ahead of Ozil and marhez. Has he been better than them 2 this year, not in my opinion but he must be doing something right.
His improvement in 12 months has been fantastic, and yes he still has a lot to learn but let's all keep the faith

This is so right, it seems to be a label people are desperate to place on Barkley. Even other sets of fans seem to gravitate towards it.

Just lazy analysis from so called experts on the TV who are stealing a living.
According to squawka the stats website he is the second best player in the league after ozil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back