Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the revised list looks like this assuming Rooney and Martina join and Lukaku leaves. Jags and Barry are too old.

1 RB - Martina
2 LB - Baines Galloway
3 CB - Keane Mori Williams
4 DMs - Morgan, Gueye, Besic
2 CMs - Klassen, Davies
4 wingers - Mirallas
2 strikers - Sandro, Rooney

They are the players either not long term injured, too old or too young and untested.

That's a piss poor squad. I hope we still have a lot of business to do.

Hey Dave.

So the revised list looks like this assuming Rooney and Martina join and Lukaku leaves. Jags and Barry are too old.

1 RB - Martina
2 LB - Baines Galloway
2 CMs - Klassen, Davies
4 wingers - Mirallas

They are the players either not long term injured, too old or too young and untested.

RAWK is the other way mate x

1 RB - Martina
2 LB - Baines Galloway
2 CMs - Klassen, Davies
4 wingers - Mirallas

Firstly a squad will have to have some "too old or too young" in it.

Secondly, Galloway has gone on loan already. And through the "too young or old" you've left out Barry, Kenny, Holgate, Pennington, DCL and Lookman. Bolasie and Coleman back by Christmas hopefully.

We need more players undoubtedly but you're painting a very misleading picture with your post.

We just paid 30m for a defender with 12 months left.

Whether he has kicked on our not is irrelevant. Right now he is as good as Sigurdsson but much younger. If he doesn't improve at all he's still a 50m pound player. Spurs could buy him now and sell him in 3 years for 40m (assuming relative prices don't change) which would mean they get his services for 10m. That's a bargain whatever way you cut it.

50m for a player that can sign for free in a year ... that no other teams seem to be in for... and one that has been dropped by 8 different managers and that seems to have gone backwards?

Never going to happen

1 RB - Martina
2 LB - Baines Galloway
2 CMs - Klassen, Davies
4 wingers - Mirallas

Galloways gone George.

This is our current squad mert.

GK
Jordan Pickford*
Joel Robles
Maarten Stekelenburg

RB
Séamus Coleman [+]
Jonjoe Kenny

LB
Leighton Baines*

CB
Michael Keane*
Ashley Williams*
Phil Jagielka*
Mason Holgate
Ramiro Funes Mori

DM/CM
Morgan Schneiderlin*
Muhamed Bešić
Idrissa Gueye
Tom Davies
Gareth Barry*
James McCarthy*

ACM
Ross Barkley*

Davy Klaassen

Wingers
Yannick Bolasie [+]

Ademola Lookman
Aaron Lennon*
Kevin Mirallas

Strikers
Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Sandro Ramírez
Romelu Lukaku*

Firstly a squad will have to have some "too old or too young" in it.

Secondly, Galloway has gone on loan already. And through the "too young or old" you've left out Barry, Kenny, Holgate, Pennington, DCL and Lookman. Bolasie and Coleman back by Christmas hopefully.

We need more players undoubtedly but you're painting a very misleading picture with your post.
I'm I?

I left out Barry, Kenny, Holgate, Pennington DCL and Lookman because I don't trust them. Some because they are too young or simply not ready and Barry because he's too old. All those young players could do with going on loan.

I really doubt Bolasie and Coleman will be back by Christmas but even if they were that's half the season.

I'm I?

I left out Barry, Kenny, Holgate, Pennington DCL and Lookman because I don't trust them. Some because they are too young or simply not ready and Barry because he's too old.

I really doubt Bolasie and Coleman will be back by Christmas but even if they were that's half the season.
They will be squad players though. I reckon if you went through most squads in the Premier League and took out the too young and too old you'd end up with a very similar picture.

Your post is misleading as it suggests we only have 14 players fit for purpose which I would say is just not true.

It's your opinion though so fair enough.

They will be squad players though. I reckon if you went through most squads in the Premier League and took out the too young and too old you'd end up with a very similar picture.

Your post is misleading as it suggests we only have 14 players fit for purpose which I would say is just not true.

It's your opinion though so fair enough.
Not at any of the teams above us and not at most of the ones below us. Those kids may turn out better but apart from Lookman I'm not that hopeful.

50m for a player that can sign for free in a year ... that no other teams seem to be in for... and one that has been dropped by 8 different managers and that seems to have gone backwards?

Never going to happen

Lol

K'inell feller, he's a good player. Not Nyarko Mark 2

I'm I?

I left out Barry, Kenny, Holgate, Pennington DCL and Lookman because I don't trust them. Some because they are too young or simply not ready and Barry because he's too old. All those young players could do with going on loan.

No George

In the same way signing David Nugent would.

If we add Giroud and a.n other to that then we're in business but I just can't see a scenario where Rooney is the answer

Rooney isn't the answer.

He's part of it.

We're bringing in a player that has won everything there is to win domestically. He's also United and England's record scorer.

He can still have a big impact. If you can't see the positives about having him in and around a young squad then I honestly think you need to reassess.

He won't be our only forward addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back