Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wilshere is never fit. Barkley is a better and younger version of Siggurdson. 50m is more than fair.

Mate common... if barkley was playing for Spurs or united etc... would you spend 50m for a player that hasn't kicked on... has 12months left... and can't even get picked ahead of Livermore for England?

Mate common... if barkley was playing for Spurs or united etc... would you spend 50m for a player that hasn't kicked on... has 12months left... and can't even get picked ahead of Livermore for England?
Barkley had two games last year where he was man of the match for England, and suddenly he's out of favour? Strange, especially to fall down the pecking order behind Livermore.
Barkley and Koeman don't seem to be a match? Whether that Koeman's demands, or Barkley's inability to change his style of play is probably best left top abetter analyst than me.
They do say though, if you cant change the man, change the man. So if Barkley cant adapt, get rid, and bring in someone who can?

Barkley had two games last year where he was man of the match for England, and suddenly he's out of favour? Strange, especially to fall down the pecking order behind Livermore.
Barkley and Koeman don't seem to be a match? Whether that Koeman's demands, or Barkley's inability to change his style of play is probably best left top abetter analyst than me.
They do say though, if you cant change the man, change the man. So if Barkley cant adapt, get rid, and bring in someone who can?

If I was a Spurs fan etc and my team spent 50m on barkey I would give up... he's worth 20m with his contract the way it is

If I was a Spurs fan etc and my team spent 50m on barkey I would give up... he's worth 20m with his contract the way it is
I get the thinking. But we've just paid £25m rising to £30m for a Centre Back with only 12 months on his contract. £50m for Barkley may be over the top but £30m to £35 is fair I'd say. I suppose it depends if there's more than 1 club in for him. Seemingly not.

I get the thinking. But we've just paid £25m rising to £30m for a Centre Back with only 12 months on his contract. £50m for Barkley may be over the top but £30m to £35 in fair I'd say. I suppose it depends if there's more than 1 club in for him. Seemingly not.

Creative players tend to be more expensive so if Keane is £25m, Id take £30-£35m for Ross.

I get the thinking. But we've just paid £25m rising to £30m for a Centre Back with only 12 months on his contract. £50m for Barkley may be over the top but £30m to £35 is fair I'd say. I suppose it depends if there's more than 1 club in for him. Seemingly not.
But we really needed a new centre back.Spurs don't really need Barkley.;)In fact can't think of a decent team that he'd improve.

Please sign lad. I know we don't deserve you with all the hate you get; but there's still plenty of us that want you to stay.

The vocal lot tend to be a bit more emotional, but they'll be praising you again come December when you're pulling all the strings, and working with a creative offense and a striker that doesn't expect the team to bang in every goal by bouncing a sitter off of his foot.

With the additions of Rooney (seems fairly nailed on) and Klaassen, it looks to me like Koeman expects him gone. I can't see where he fits into the team alongside those two, especially if we're also pursuing Sigurdsson.

Demand... the law of supply and demand.

That is what will determine the value of Barkley if he is eventually sold.
We don't know which clubs are interested but the only club mentioned that I think he would seriously think of going to is Spurs.

If Spurs and Everton can't reach agreement and there is no other club interested, can Barkley afford to play under 23 football for a year and let his international career disappear ?

Really?
Sigurdsson is pretty much the reason Swansea haven't been relegated for the past few seasons. He's carried that team.
Ross is certainly less injury prone than Wilshere, but short of the levels of Sigurdsson

Remember when Charlie Adam carried Blackpool...

If it's Spurs then the best we can hope for is 20-30M unless Alli leaves. They don't need him that badly to not wait it out. (unlike us with Keane)

We could have a new challenger enter with Newcastle though, that would force the Londoners to match and move quickly. So come on Geordies do us a favour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back