Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
When they agree a fee for Gylfi that's what they'll ask Spurs to pay for Ross....£35 mil for each deal..Simples!
Revised offer has apparently been upped to £32m for Sigurdsson, and will be made in next few days, supposedly. We'll see.

Barkley - one of the most prolific creator of chances in the PL - WILL STILL BE HERE IN SEPT

Lukaku - one of the most prolific goal-scorers in the PL - HASN'T WANTED TO BE HERE FOR 2 YEARS,NOT MOSH'S FAULT.

This ^^^^^

I always thought that he would use us a stepping stone, although I did think he might move abroad.

Barkley - one of the most prolific creator of chances in the PL - WILL STILL BE HERE IN SEPT

Lukaku - one of the most prolific goal-scorers in the PL - HASN'T WANTED TO BE HERE FOR 2 YEARS,NOT MOSH'S FAULT.
It's looking like it isn't it, with Spurs holding their nerve and waiting this out...and our manager having already told everyone that he'll get shut of anyone with less than a year on their contract as it destabilises the club (which it wouldn't have done when he did it at S'ton like, but that's another story).

"It's not the Mosh's fault". I think we'll be hearing a lot of this in the coming weeks. It wasn't his fault last summer when we had a putrid net spend; it wont be his fault this summer when the same trick is pulled off again.

Let's just accept he's doing what Kenwright did for years.

Spot on.

Heading out the door:

Barkley - one of the most prolific creator of chances in the PL
Lukaku - one of the most prolific goal-scorers in the PL

It's all good though, the Mosh has got this.

Barkley - Is he heading out? I've not seen any bids come in for him
Lukakau - You're phrasing this like we're forcing him out somehow. HE HAS MADE IT CLEAR THAT HE DOESN'T WANT TO STAY!

It's looking like it isn't it, with Spurs holding their nerve and waiting this out...and our manager having already told everyone that he'll get shut of anyone with less than a year on their contract as it destabilises the club (which it wouldn't have done when he did it at S'ton like, but that's another story).

"It's not the Mosh's fault". I think we'll be hearing a lot of this in the coming weeks. It wasn't his fault last summer when we had a putrid net spend; it wont be his fault this summer when the same trick is pulled off again.

Feels different this year though, doesn't it? - a tremor of excitement, like we're on the cusp of something big.
Or is it just me?

Feels different this year though, doesn't it? - a tremor of excitement, like we're on the cusp of something big.
Or is it just me?
It's different in the sense the cash that's coming in/will come in has been spent upfront first rather than the usual way around. That probably has a lot to do with Koeman flexing his muscle at demanding the players are in and training with an early season start to come.

Spot on.

Heading out the door:

And yet there seems to be so little interest in signing him.
I hope he does stay. I think he improved enormously under RK and can improve even more.
He has to add more goals to his game and he needs to cut out the silly mistakes he makes at times but there certainly is a fine player in there.

If he does go to Spurs I fear it may not work out too well for him. I look at the way Spurs play and how Barkley likes to play and I wonder how they will make it work , that is when he gets into the team.

Spot on.

Heading out the door:

Could have sworn you said you were only interested in assists and the 'chances created' stat was meaningless...

It's different in the sense the cash that's coming in/will come in has been spent upfront first rather than the usual way around. That probably has a lot to do with Koeman flexing his muscle at demanding the players are in and training with an early season start to come.
The quality we're buying feels a bit different as well, no?

And yet there seems to be so little interest in signing him.
I hope he does stay. I think he improved enormously under RK and can improve even more.
He has to add more goals to his game and he needs to cut out the silly mistakes he makes at times but there certainly is a fine player in there.

If he does go to Spurs I fear it may not work out too well for him. I look at the way Spurs play and how Barkley likes to play and I wonder how they will make it work , that is when he gets into the team.
He should stay. But his manager doesn't want him. Cut off negotiations with an ultimatum. What can he do?

Dave.
I think you may have missed the five players already signed by Everton. It seems that Rooney may be number six and Sigurdsson seems to be the main target of the window in terms of price.

We will lose Lukaku because he wants to go and the same appears true for Barkley.

Sold two, bought seven and still the first week of July. Not like anything I remember

Dave.
I think you may have missed the five players already signed by Everton. It seems that Rooney may be number six and Sigurdsson seems to be the main target of the window in terms of price.

We will lose Lukaku because he wants to go and the same appears true for Barkley.

Sold two, bought seven and still the first week of July. Not like anything I remember

The spending under Moshiri is worse than under Kenwright in real terms right now. That's just a plain fact when the Lukaku deal is finalised later today. We are getting speculative expensive punts and ageing superstars through the door, that's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back