Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly it looks that way doesn't it? Or perhaps he will be allowed to train until sold / a contract is signed even if it takes the whole window, but Koeman won't put him in until one happens either way.
Possibly, Koeman was so direct about this at the end of last season. You've gotta think he is fuming at Barkley. I know there's a lot of mixed feelings on this, but I just think he's missing the mental ability to be a top player. Similar to Walcott at Arsenal he's just not got the top 2 inches.

He's not signing, he's gone, either sell him now or stop him training and playing, screw up any chance of an England recall and his next season wherever he's going........

Possibly, Koeman was so direct about this at the end of last season. You've gotta think he is fuming at Barkley. I know there's a lot of mixed feelings on this, but I just think he's missing the mental ability to be a top player. Similar to Walcott at Arsenal he's just not got the top 2 inches.

I think you're absolutely right here. Koeman has decided he can go, it's a war of wills and Ross just isn't smart enough or well advised enough to win it.

It's also very difficult for his team to play the 'local boy special treatment' card when Tom Davies is around and we've just signed Wayne Rooney.

Walcott's been playing pretty much for a top 4 club, champions league, and won trophies.

For someone who isn't a top player...he's done okay.

Just not sure where there is left for him to go. Seems the clubs that were in for him a season or two ago - or even 6 months ago - have faded away and he's going to end up at West Ham, Newcastle, Palace or Stoke or someone like that.

Which is mental.
Add Bournmouth and WBA, im sure he has lots of options really

His choice. If he thinks he'll get an easier ride under someone like Poch then he's even more daft than he appears.

He'll take Sissokos berth on their bench

Different managers have different ways of managing players. If Poch wants him, he wants him for a reason.

Which is more than Koeman.

Going to put a downer on entire summer if he leaves, speaking for myself of course... I know plenty aren't arsed.

Not for me. I can't be doing with any player that wants away. Park him, leave him in the cupboard, don't allow him any access to training of recovery, he's gone, he's running down a contract, let the little ..... do his own thing. He should be dead to us.......

Would be interesting to see him play behind a striker with more movement than a wheelie bin. He might be more quick of thought with players who actually move for him. Would rather watch him start the season than spend 50 mill on someone who failed at Spurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back