Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
If so, and as much as I'd like Ross to stay, if Spurs (Levy) want to take it to the wire to drive down the fee, then so be it. Last day sale it is. Why should we help Spurs in their pre-season prep, or Ross settle in as soon as possible at a rival club. Business is business and all's fair in love and war.
Still want him to stay though!

If they want him for £20 - £25 million last day. They should not get him.

In our best interests to sit him and not allow a rival to take the proverbial.

Pay up if it is what both his suitor and Ross wants. Or sit and waste a year with the World Cup on the horizon. If he wont commit to Everton then he will not play.

I would praise the club for taking a hard stance. £20m doesn't get you Troy Deeney currently.

And a weakened Spurs would finish below us (if that is his desired destination).

He's gone. He's just playing us all while he runs down his contract. Fair enough, he's allowed to do it, but I'll be damned if we should help him be delivered fully fit next season.....

You actually think he's going to stay this season and run his contract down so he can leave for free next summer ? In a World Cup year ?

Pay up if it is what both his suitor and Ross wants. Or sit and waste a year with the World Cup on the horizon. If he wont commit to Everton then he will not play.

I would praise the club for taking a hard stance. £20m doesn't get you Troy Deeney currently.

And a weakened Spurs would finish below us (if that is his desired destination).

My view exactly........screw him........

He's gone. He's just playing us all while he runs down his contract. Fair enough, he's allowed to do it, but I'll be damned if we should help him be delivered fully fit next season.....
As you can probably see I'd prefer if he stayed. But as I also said 'business is business'. So, I agree. If he's made it clear he ain't signing it or that he'll just run his contract down, then we should absolutely not help the potenial buyers in any way shape or form. I'm behind our club in that regard.

Or that the club didn't get the contract sorted before a year ago?

No doubt about that.

But then we have seen a change in owner, manager and a director of football.

I was always sceptical of giving him a 4 year deal in the 1st place. That was ludicrous, why not 5, with a pay review/rise half way through.4 years takes him just beyond the age of compensation. Whomever allowed that was a moron. His agent played the club like a fiddle.

Thats a step further that what I suggested. And to be honest I don't disagree. Whether we take that stance will be interesting. I suppose we could offload in January also.
And yes, much as I'd like him to stay, if he is actually shafting us (his beloved Everton) thats unpalatable and unacceptable. We'd owe him nothing in terms of World Cup prep.

I was looking forward to seeing Barkley, Kenny, Davies, Baines and Rooney all on the pitch at the same time next season. When was the least time we had 5 scousers all playing? About 60 years ago probably!

Not just that though he's got the skill to be right up there as one of the best in the prem if he just realised how good he is. Massive shame if he leaves.

There must be something going on, don't know why he wouldn't want to be a part of Everton at the moment

Darnitt.....now you have me wracking what is left of my brain :mad:

Rooney, Hibbo, Ossie and Stubbs must have been the pitch together at some time circa 2002/03.

I wonder was there anyone else?

Last season we might have had Ross, Davies, Jonjo, Baines and Pennington out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back