Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, his club managers, Moyes, El Fraudo, Warnock and Koeman, and it's not opinion btw, it's a fact

Moyes and Warnock - he was 19.
El Fraudo let him play his game for 3 seasons.
Koeman - "We want to keep our best players"

It's still opinion mate. Unless you're training with him then it's not fact.

I know what you mean, and it is partly anger, a bit like when Rooney went, but he's shown nothing but disrespect to the fans that adore him. But he's not a Rooney and I just want to see the back of him, we will do just fine without him......

Have you read this thread?

We just payed a very good sum to Burnley for a defender with one years premiership experience with 12 months left on his deal.

That is how class clubs behave.

If Spurs or Arsenal think they can low ball us for a player with Barkleys experience and potential... then they can G.T.F.

Dyche never came out in the press and give Keane ultimatums and said he'd sell him if he did sign

He is though isn't he, it's a confidence thing with him 100%. With better players around him this season to take the pressure off he'll be alright. It worked a bit when we signed Schneiderlin, his game improved loads from January. So with Rooney Klassaan and a pacey forward in front of him he should be a completely different player this season.

Too many writing him off already, fair enough to be angry he isn't signing but to say he's not good enough is a bit daft

There is the possibility that it is not confidence but cognitive.

In my job I have worked with many talented people and some of them just struggle to follow a clear set of instructions. They can still create fabulous designs, but in an unconventional manner.

I doubt the mercurial talents of Best and Gascgoine would be as welcomed in today's world of peak athletic discipline.

Ross has a gift as a footballer. Finding the right way to bring that talent out correctly has proved a challenge for all of his managers though.

It is fact mate,not arsed if you choose to agree or not, they all felt that way about him.

"we, at Everton, like to keep the best players and he has shown this season he is improving in different positions for the team. He is doing well.

“I spoke to the board about his situation, we like to bring and show the confidence that we have in the player to sign a new contract."

Clearly Koeman takes these "facts" on board.

He is though isn't he, it's a confidence thing with him 100%. With better players around him this season to take the pressure off he'll be alright. It worked a bit when we signed Schneiderlin, his game improved loads from January. So with Rooney Klassaan and a pacey forward in front of him he should be a completely different player this season.

Too many writing him off already, fair enough to be angry he isn't signing but to say he's not good enough is a bit daft

That video sums him up perfectly, a few great goals and also a lot of tricks with no end product!

I mean, Neil Warnock is an idiot like.

Ross is a great player when operating on instinct.

He's improved under Koeman and has worked hard to do so.

I want him to stay and I want him to succeed. It'll feel like a real missed opportunity for both player and club IMO if he leaves.

But if he's not signing the contract on offer, then there's not much that can be done.
I want him to stay, I'm just saying that they all felt the same frustrations with him.

He did improve last season, notably his workrate off the ball, and he's not a lost cause imo, but there's definite question marks over his ability to make the right decisions at the right times.

"we, at Everton, like to keep the best players and he has shown this season he is improving in different positions for the team. He is doing well.

“I spoke to the board about his situation, we like to bring and show the confidence that we have in the player to sign a new contract."

Clearly Koeman takes these "facts" on board.
Way to miss the point I was making, crack on love x

Dyche never came out in the press and give Keane ultimatums and said he'd sell him if he did sign

I hope we don't sell him if he signs.

Burnley would not have expected Keane to stay. They where happy to let him leave for free as staying up is far more valuable than any transfer fee.

We are not happy for that scenario.

There is the possibility that it is not confidence but cognitive.

In my job I have worked with many talented people and some of them just struggle to follow a clear set of instructions. They can still create fabulous designs, but in an unconventional manner.

I doubt the mercurial talents of Best and Gascgoine would be as welcomed in today's world of peak athletic discipline.

Ross has a gift as a footballer. Finding the right way to bring that talent out correctly has proved a challenge for all of his managers though.

The trouble with Barkley is, he is one of those people with an immense, natural talent, but he only applies it sporadically, when the stars are aligned in his mind, or when the mood is right or inspiration strikes. The giant quote in the Everton gym, "Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Doesn't Work As Hard", seems lost on him at times, and that is what frustrates me the most. I could be wrong, and way out of order, but the lad seems to be missing a few cognitive cogs at times. Sorry, Ross, but that's the impression I get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back