Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he ever developed more of a defensive side to his game, he would be a great deep-lying play-maker for you guys. He likes to bomb down field like Yaya back in the day.
Yeh I could see Poch trying to turn him into the long term Dembele replacement. It would be an interesting project because he's clearly a very talented lad.

I can totally see it not happening which is compeletely fair. I was just saying I didn't get the logic.

We play tough exactly the same way, it's the only way to progress. I'd be interested to see how Barkley would do under Pochettino but it's one of those where if it doesn't happen that's fine.

Has there been much chat about you genuinely being interested in signing him Jack? Struggle to see where he fits into a Spurs side that already has Alli, Eriksen and Son

Him being left off the tour doesn't mean he's leaving imminently in my opinion, as there's been no firm interest yet.

I think it's more Koeman making it clear where he stands if he stays into the final year of his contract i.e. He'll be frozen out

I can totally see it not happening which is compeletely fair. I was just saying I didn't get the logic.

We play tough exactly the same way, it's the only way to progress. I'd be interested to see how Barkley would do under Pochettino but it's one of those where if it doesn't happen that's fine.

Im almost certain he will move to you, hes an outstanding boy, just has a few mental hurdles to overcome, whatever you do, dont shout TERN ROSS at him, EVER.

Do you have a Park End stand at the Lane?

Nothing else needs saying really.

They both partied hard in their careers so would not have the same impact in this day and age. Whether that was down to them struggling with the fame (certainly the case in Gazza's career). The sport has changed.

That was my point.

Him being left off the tour doesn't mean he's leaving imminently in my opinion, as there's been no firm interest yet.

I think it's more Koeman making it clear where he stands if he stays into the final year of his contract i.e. He'll be frozen out

I think there is.

I just think they're gonna wait till close to the window.

Im almost certain he will move to you, hes an outstanding boy, just has a few mental hurdles to overcome, whatever you do, dont shout TERN ROSS at him, EVER.

Do you have a Park End stand at the Lane?

No goat, the boys not ready for the big bad world.

Has there been much chat about you genuinely being interested in signing him Jack? Struggle to see where he fits into a Spurs side that already has Alli, Eriksen and Son
Our ITK type people (so buckets of salt with this) think Poch really likes and wants him, however Levy isn't prepared to go to anything like £50m. It's a crazy summer market this year though and I can see anything less than that not being enough.

Not sure exactly where he would fit but I've always thought he could be good playing a bit deeper.

I really don't see the logic... I don't think us finishing above or below yous rests on us signing Ross Barkley.

Of course not. But I don't want to aid you by selling an asset under market value.

Getting used to playing home games at Wembley will be your biggest obstacle.
That totally derailed your European season.

If he doesnt sign but stays then its a lose lose for all parties as fans will get on his back, he may struggle and have a poor season with no chance of making the England squad. Then the club loses a homegrown talent for nothing. But we also shouldn't sell him for a low price last minute either.

Rather than say he will be sold and give buying clubs leverage, bidding low as they know we want to sell, or waiting until the end of the window. We should tell him and his agent that if we dont get a reasonable offer (and im not talking £40 -£50mill) soon then we are prepared to let him see out the final year. There is no way imo he will want that.

Our ITK type people (so buckets of salt with this) think Poch really likes and wants him, however Levy isn't prepared to go to anything like £50m. It's a crazy summer market this year though and I can see anything less than that not being enough.

Not sure exactly where he would fit but I've always thought he could be good playing a bit deeper.

Doesn't work hard enough for a deeper role.

When he plays deep he has a habit of turning into trouble or giving the ball away.

He has the physique and size and it would appear a natural fit.

Every manager has tried him there and it often leads to conceding.

He'll be on your bench mate. £50 mill please.

Yeh I could see Poch trying to turn him into the long term Dembele replacement. It would be an interesting project because he's clearly a very talented lad.
I could see him getting played off the right where you are weak, similar to how Eriksen is used on the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back