Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is the possibility that it is not confidence but cognitive.

In my job I have worked with many talented people and some of them just struggle to follow a clear set of instructions. They can still create fabulous designs, but in an unconventional manner.

I doubt the mercurial talents of Best and Gascgoine would be as welcomed in today's world of peak athletic discipline.

Ross has a gift as a footballer. Finding the right way to bring that talent out correctly has proved a challenge for all of his managers though.

Nothing else needs saying really.

There is the possibility that it is not confidence but cognitive.

In my job I have worked with many talented people and some of them just struggle to follow a clear set of instructions. They can still create fabulous designs, but in an unconventional manner.

I doubt the mercurial talents of Best and Gascgoine would be as welcomed in today's world of peak athletic discipline.

Ross has a gift as a footballer. Finding the right way to bring that talent out correctly has proved a challenge for all of his managers though.

In the past errors from Best and Gascoigne could be covered up. Today those errors result in a goal and Ross just doesn't get it. He is a great player, I love him to bits, I want him to stay and play with Rooney, but I also know that he is gone, mentally and shortly physically. It's wrong, it's a terrible shame, but if he's going then get shut quick and bring in someone else......

If they want him for £20 - £25 million last day. They should not get him.

In our best interests to sit him and not allow a rival to take the proverbial.

Pay up if it is what both his suitor and Ross wants. Or sit and waste a year with the World Cup on the horizon. If he wont commit to Everton then he will not play.

I would praise the club for taking a hard stance. £20m doesn't get you Troy Deeney currently.

And a weakened Spurs would finish below us (if that is his desired destination).

I really don't see the logic... I don't think us finishing above or below yous rests on us signing Ross Barkley.

In the past errors from Best and Gascoigne could be covered up. Today those errors result in a goal and Ross just doesn't get it. He is a great player, I love him to bits, I want him to stay and play with Rooney, but I also know that he is gone, mentally and shortly physically. It's wrong, it's a terrible shame, but if he's going then get shut quick and bring in someone else......
This really!

It's irrelevant. You get him at our price or you don't get him. And we are just nasty enough to make sure that this happens.......
I can totally see it not happening which is compeletely fair. I was just saying I didn't get the logic.

We play tough exactly the same way, it's the only way to progress. I'd be interested to see how Barkley would do under Pochettino but it's one of those where if it doesn't happen that's fine.

Yeah, I agree , a lot like Gascoigne & Cruyff?
But not enough end product.
I like Barkley and want him to stay, but I don't think he will. I also have a sense that he has not pushed on as much as he might. We can blame the players around him, but ultimately the best players shine through that. Something holds him back. On his day he is superb, others terrible.

I can totally see it not happening which is compeletely fair. I was just saying I didn't get the logic.

We play tough exactly the same way, it's the only way to progress. I'd be interested to see how Barkley would do under Pochettino but it's one of those where if it doesn't happen that's fine.
If he ever developed more of a defensive side to his game, he would be a great deep-lying play-maker for you guys. He likes to bomb down field like Yaya back in the day.

IMO you need a bigger squad. Getting Ross for about £30mill means you improve that squad, especially on a counter attack

I mean... we're gonna be paying north of that for Sigurdsson.

Find another striker and maybe a back up centre half (if Dier goes as Vertong and Toby seemed to pick up niggling injuries) and you're laughing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back