Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there is.

I just think they're gonna wait till close to the window.
I meant formal interest mate, I'm sure Levy is eyeing a bargain, but he paid £30m at the death for a total donkey last season, and they've not been active this window, so hopefully it'll backfire on the hard faced fecker

I appreciate that but no Spurs fan thought Dembele could ever work hard enough to play in a Poch side after his first season at Spurs but the 2nd season he was a changed player.
I think Barkley reached a mental hurdle in Roberto's second season (really poor form after an injury), and he has been trying to regain confidence while a portion of our fan base have turned on him. He really needs a fresh start more than anyone, and he wouldn't have to deal with much pressure at Spurs. Poch will make him better

Yeh I could see Poch trying to turn him into the long term Dembele replacement. It would be an interesting project because he's clearly a very talented lad.

Could see this too and this season he has improved his decision making on when to pass and when to dribble. However, for his size he isnt as strong as Dembele.

There is a mental/confidence issue with him though that maybe not playing at Goodison under pressure will help.

He does more crap things than good. I think he always will probably.

He'd make a great player if only he could do something about the chasm between his brain and his feet. Hopefully that's somewhere other than Everton, 'cos as much as I love him and want him to be boss, I just can't stand another season of watching him play.

I appreciate that but no Spurs fan thought Dembele could ever work hard enough to play in a Poch side after his first season at Spurs but the 2nd season he was a changed player.

He's improved his work rate immensely under Koeman. My issue with playing him deeper is that he switches off so you could get over run. However with a good defence and a covering DM you may get away with it while he adapts.

I just cant see him playing regular games with the midfield you have at the minute, so it would be pointless swapping our bench for yours. Unless he just needs a fresh start.

He's improved his work rate immensely under Koeman. My issue with playing him deeper is that he switches off so you could get over run. However with a good defence and a covering DM you may get away with it while he adapts.

I just cant see him playing regular games with the midfield you have at the minute, so it would be pointless swapping our bench for yours. Unless he just needs a fresh start.
If he did push for a move to us I think it would probably be on what Poch thinks he can turn him into long term rather than worrying about how important he would be this season.

It's maybe an opportunity for him to go into a side where much less pressure is on his shoulders to perform and he can settle down and focus on his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back