Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because he's not good enough, and he knows it.......

He is though isn't he, it's a confidence thing with him 100%. With better players around him this season to take the pressure off he'll be alright. It worked a bit when we signed Schneiderlin, his game improved loads from January. So with Rooney Klassaan and a pacey forward in front of him he should be a completely different player this season.

Too many writing him off already, fair enough to be angry he isn't signing but to say he's not good enough is a bit daft

My view exactly........screw him........

We just payed a very good sum to Burnley for a defender with one years premiership experience with 12 months left on his deal.

That is how class clubs behave.

If Spurs or Arsenal think they can low ball us for a player with Barkleys experience and potential... then they can G.T.F.

We just payed a very good sum to Burnley for a defender with one years premiership experience with 12 months left on his deal.

That is how class clubs behave.

If Spurs or Arsenal think they can low ball us for a player with Barkleys experience and potential... then they can G.T.F.

Or, that is how clubs have to deal to get to where Spurs or Arsenal are?

It's not looking great is it. There must be more to this than Ross simply being poorly advised.
I was hoping with Wayne coming home and an ambitious summer he could be convinced to sign but there must be something else going on we don't see.

How are Spurs weakened?
They didn't have him anyway!

But if they did they would have a potential England international desperate to prove himself. Surely you can see that!

It would be madness to sell him to Spurs or any team in that 6 for under market value.

£50m or no deal would be my stance.

He is though isn't he, it's a confidence thing with him 100%. With better players around him this season to take the pressure off he'll be alright. It worked a bit when we signed Schneiderlin, his game improved loads from January. So with Rooney Klassaan and a pacey forward in front of him he should be a completely different player this season.

Too many writing him off already, fair enough to be angry he isn't signing but to say he's not good enough is a bit daft

But thats half the problem, he hasnt got the confidence, which is one reaosn why he isnt good enough, the pressure on these guys is big, especially a Goodison crowd. Why should all the other players take pressure off him? They have pressure to deal with themselves, we hope to aim for top 4, you dont get that with a major player who needs a cuddle

But if they did they would have a potential England international desperate to prove himself. Surely you can see that!

It would be madness to sell him to Spurs or any team in that 6 for under market value.

£50m or no deal would be my stance.

I can see why they want him and agree about the fee etc.
Don't agree how them not having a player they didn't have weakens them, surely you can see that?

I know what you mean, and it is mostly anger, a bit like when Rooney went, but he's shown nothing but disrespect to the fans that adore him. But he's not a Rooney and I just want to see the back of him, we will do just fine without him......

Last edited:
Be interesting to see what Ronny says about it all, I mean I cant see him straight up calling the club a liar, but, well, lets see.
I'm hoping RK isn't isolating the lad due to his contract stance. I'm as disappointed as anyone that he hasn't signed a new contract, but if no club are willing to meet what we consider to be an acceptable offer, than we retain Ross at least up until the January window.

He was actually talking about him on TS the other day, and said he seemed incapable of taking instructions

I mean, Neil Warnock is an idiot like.

Ross is a great player when operating on instinct.

He's improved under Koeman and has worked hard to do so.

I want him to stay and I want him to succeed. It'll feel like a real missed opportunity for both player and club IMO if he leaves.

But if he's not signing the contract on offer, then there's not much that can be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back