Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more i look at Barkley the more i see a striker than a midfielder - his first reaction is to strike if he gets in final 3rd -
he takes too many touches if not running with the ball and his vision lets him down too often
maybe Martinez should play him up front in FA Cup - worth a try - maybe we have a closet striker hiding in him
he is good but he has got some way to go before he is a world class nr 10 in my oinion
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

It's actually beyond belief.

A young academy product playing out of his skin who made City's trabillion pound midfield and defence scared witless.

And people are picking holes in his game.

The lad is a liquid machine on the ball, he glides across the park, never seems hurried when in possession. Incredibly strong balanced with an adept technique. Bizarre to criticise the lad who has added so much maturity and depth to his game and runs our entire team when we go forward. Brilliant player to watch.

My Favourite Everton player of all time. I would say im a young Everton Supporter and being born in Australia i wasnt blessed with the previous Everton legends

The lad is a liquid machine on the ball, he glides across the park, never seems hurried when in possession. Incredibly strong balanced with an adept technique. Bizarre to criticise the lad who has added so much maturity and depth to his game and runs our entire team when we go forward. Brilliant player to watch.
Wish he'd get better at making decisions, as his final ball/shot sometimes go very badly (or don't happen at all for some reason, usually related to dribbling past someone in a ridiculous position).

Other than that he's Boss Barkley.

Wish he'd get better at making decisions, as his final ball/shot sometimes go very badly (or don't happen at all for some reason, usually related to dribbling past someone in a ridiculous position).

Other than that he's Boss Barkley.
They have improved massively, and often he's made the right decision but the final ball hasn't been spot on as it needed to be.
Other times it's taken good defending and reading to close out the opportunities and passes he's made.
Most importantly he's learnt to keep his risk taking to the final third, which is where you need to take risks in order to score, or when the rest of the team is behind him and well set up .

If you watch the opposition when hes 25yards out they automatically try and close him down before he can shoot. In the same way that Deulofeu is now being double marked, Barkley is now closed down very quickly as one of our dangermen.

Notice how hes now moving into the space on the left side as well when he has the ball to get a bit more freedom i guess....

When we have a settled front 4 with him,Deulofeu,Lukaku and a LW i think he will have a bit more space to operate in as they cant mark everyone..

Will also be interesting to see how he links with Besic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back