Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more i look at Barkley the more i see a striker than a midfielder - his first reaction is to strike if he gets in final 3rd -
he takes too many touches if not running with the ball and his vision lets him down too often
maybe Martinez should play him up front in FA Cup - worth a try - maybe we have a closet striker hiding in him
he is good but he has got some way to go before he is a world class nr 10 in my oinion

The more i look at Barkley the more i see a striker than a midfielder - his first reaction is to strike if he gets in final 3rd -
he takes too many touches if not running with the ball and his vision lets him down too often
maybe Martinez should play him up front in FA Cup - worth a try - maybe we have a closet striker hiding in him
he is good but he has got some way to go before he is a world class nr 10 in my oinion
His finishing is nowhere near good enough to play as a striker. I don't like him at 10 either, he's better coming from deep, ghosting past players and threading a pass or blamming one in

Surely scoring and creating goals is exciting though?! What was he doing before that you don't think he is now?

I'm not saying he's boring ! I love watching him play but he was more direct in the first season and also had more "jaw wide open" moments... He'd try risky things more often and they'd often payoff although obviously some didn't.

His finishing is nowhere near good enough to play as a striker. I don't like him at 10 either, he's better coming from deep, ghosting past players and threading a pass or blamming one in
I agree wholeheartedly with you - but i am only suggesting that i would rather see him playing as a striker than as a nr 10 -
but i agree his best position is coming from the deep like Jaws of old -
but imagine Barkley as striker with Deulefeu as nr 10, Lennon on the right wing and Mirallas on the left wing if Lukaku is injured = potent strike force

I'm not saying he's boring ! I love watching him play but he was more direct in the first season and also had more "jaw wide open" moments... He'd try risky things more often and they'd often payoff although obviously some didn't.

Isn't this a case of familiarity breeds contempt. When he burst on the scene we were all watching him in hope rather than expectation and every little thing he did excited us even if there was no end result e.g. Arsenal away, he had a good game but he didn't score or produce a killer pass, he did several nice dribbles though and that excited us. He is still doing the same stuff but people are now expecting it and are disappointed when it doesn't result in a goal. The league also adapts to how players play. They know he can score from outside the area with either foot so teams focus on closing him down. He is a much better player now than he was 2 years ago in every department.

I agree wholeheartedly with you - but i am only suggesting that i would rather see him playing as a striker than as a nr 10 -
but imagine Barkley as striker with Deulefeu as nr 10, Lennon on the right wing and Mirallas on the left wing if Lukaku is injured = potent strike force

He is never a striker in a million years. It would be a complete waste of his touch and technique. We need him on the ball as much as possible.

its not fifa lad

If you can't see it, you're either not paying attention, or football just isn't for you.

When deeper he has the rare commodity in modern football of being able to control the tempo of a game. The Stoke game whilst deeper he reminded of scholes anybody got tight he simply rolled them them and switched the play continually kept play moving along. I watched the game back on sky game of the day and genuinely didn't see him give the ball away once squawka though gave him 97% pass completion so I must have missed that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back