Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watching that video, how can ANYONE say that he was anything other than quality in that game.

He tries things, he moves forward, he takes players on, he is strong, keeps the ball.

Brilliant footballer.

That chance he missed, that ppl from fam enc screamed he should have passed.....he made the right decision, that pass to Lukaku was not as clear cut as it seemed, the better chance of scoring was form Ross shot.

He is our best footballer, a diamond.

Love him, he's playing well but I have a slight worry he's having his adventure and risk coached out of him similar to how Rooney changed as a player after Euro 2004 when he looked like a world beater. He became a more mature and better player overall but he was nowhere near as exciting.

For me Barkley was definitely way more exciting to watch in his first season.

Look at the clips from the Arenal league game where del scored, he completely bossed that game, made Ozil and co look like complete mugs.

Love him, he's playing well but I have a slight worry he's having his adventure and risk coached out of him similar to how Rooney changed as a player after Euro 2004 when he looked like a world beater. He became a more mature and better player overall but he was nowhere near as exciting.

Look at the clips from the Arenal league game where del scored, he completely bossed that game, made Ozil and co look like complete mugs.

My worry is that the stick he gets from fans may affect him to the point were he'll take the easy option!!! So all those critics, be careful what you wish for, god forbid he morphs into Scott Gemmil

Watching that video, how can ANYONE say that he was anything other than quality in that game.

He tries things, he moves forward, he takes players on, he is strong, keeps the ball.

Brilliant footballer.

That chance he missed, that ppl from fam enc screamed he should have passed.....he made the right decision, that pass to Lukaku was not as clear cut as it seemed, the better chance of scoring was form Ross shot.

I don't feel I was overly critical on here to be honest but I was wrong. I said his passing game in the first half was poor and I even said that 5-6 of his passes did not find a blue shirt. Watching it back I got that wrong. 3 misplaced passes for someone trying to create things really is not to shabby.

I don't feel I was overly critical on here to be honest but I was wrong. I said his passing game in the first half was poor and I even said that 5-6 of his passes did not find a blue shirt. Watching it back I got that wrong. 3 misplaced passes for someone trying to create things really is not to shabby.

And this is what the media and other fans seem to be doing.

Brilliant footballer.

Boss!

Amazing player! He is lacking a polished finish though...I think it will come soon though

He's only 22, he's probably similar in style to Zidane and he started really making people sit up and take notice when he was about 24/25.

I'm not saying he'll be as good as Zidane was, but in terms of style I reckon that's the player he's most like, but maybe without the nasty ghetto streak Zidane had.

Ross has a lot to learn but he's improving which is the main thing. Once he realises how he can control and influence the game he'll come on in leaps and bounds.

I'm 50/50 on that. Certainly I think Rooney had something taken out of his game by being a team player but Ross I reckon is improving.

He is still beating a man more than any other comparable player - only Mahrez, Alexis Sanchez and Zaha dribble more in the entire league and only Ozil and De Bruyne have set up more goals. Of comparable players only Carzola has a significantly better passing percentage (90% versus 88%).

The only area on stats where he could improve are tackles and interceptions, this is an area we are awful on as a team. If he could improve that to even average levels he'd be the best midfielder in the league.

I'm 50/50 on that. Certainly I think Rooney had something taken out of his game by being a team player but Ross I reckon is improving.

He is still beating a man more than any other comparable player - only Mahrez, Alexis Sanchez and Zaha dribble more in the entire league and only Ozil and De Bruyne have set up more goals. Of comparable players only Carzola has a significantly better passing percentage (90% versus 88%).

The only area on stats where he could improve are tackles and interceptions, this is an area we are awful on as a team. If he could improve that to even average levels he'd be the best midfielder in the league.
... In addition to scoring more

I don't get this. He's clearly a far more dangerous and influential player than he used to be.

Ross is a diamond and the way he plays the game he will lose the ball and misplace passes- however he can influence and win us more games than a safe passing no-mark. One Barkley is worth a thousand steady Eddies !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back