Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still beats himself up a bit when he makes a mistake.

When he's a bit more experienced, hopefully he'll develop a real arrogant streak. If he does, he'll be world class.

Some bellends in the main stand had a go at him for his attempts at thru balls

First half he tricks his way past two over on the left hand side making space brilliantly, he tries to push on but is about to be caught and attempts a difficult outside of the foot pass to set Rom free on the right.

It was just off and the defender cut it out, and I was thinking to myself ...I bet there are lots of people around the ground roaring in disgust at that pass. Some of them have gotten home and signed in I think.

I thought his ambition was good but I'd like to see his passing stats for the first half. My eyes tell me he passed to a Man City player 6 times (at least). I'm a big big fan of Barkely. I just thought he was poor in this game.

Who cares about Barkley's passing stats, you want him losing the ball in a perverse way cos it means he's trying the hard passes to break down a defence.

James mccarthy or a henderson will have good passing stats cos they just play simple passes. Ross tries to pull off passes in the final third which is the hardest thing to do on the pitch. Criticising him for that is moronic when you think about it properly

Who cares about Barkley's passing stats, you want him losing the ball in a perverse way cos it means he's trying the hard passes to break down a defence.

James mccarthy or a henderson will have good passing stats cos they just play simple passes. Ross tries to pull off passes in the final third which is the hardest thing to do on the pitch. Criticising him for that is moronic when you think about it properly
both horrenderson and mccarthy have inferior passing stats to future footballing god ross

Yes I agree. That is why I said his ambition was good (in reference to his passing)! I thought his passing first half was poor, I still do. If he attempted 10 through balls in a game and 8 of them put Rom through on goal I would say he has had an excellent game. If 5 of the 10 passes went through to Rom I would say he had a good game if 1 of the 10 got through I would call that a poor (passing) game. Again, I agree with you, I absolutely want him trying difficult passes as the rewards can be so high.

First half he tricks his way past two over on the left hand side making space brilliantly, he tries to push on but is about to be caught and attempts a difficult outside of the foot pass to set Rom free on the right.

It was just off and the defender cut it out, and I was thinking to myself ...I bet there are lots of people around the ground roaring in disgust at that pass. Some of them have gotten home and signed in I think.

There is a fella who sits behind me who moans every time our players make a mistake. To listen to him you would thing he had coached and played at the elite level.

I think it is great we've got used to how good he is. Everyone else, in the press and on twitter, was raving about how good he was last night.

Whilst we know he wasn't even as good as he can be.

Despite "not being able to pick a pass and giving the ball away too easily" only Ozil and De Bruyne have set up more goals than him. No central midfielder completes more dribbles and very few create more chances. He is fantastic.

He was brilliant last night. He'll be huge next season Put him alongside a playmaker genis in that midfield and watch him develop into anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back