Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can be a little reactive instead of proactive. Wouldnt mind del or pienaar getting a game in that role if he needs a breather

why does everyone go on about this booing thing? he never gets booed at all, some fans make the odd "argghhhh" noise when he dwells on the ball but we do it to everyone, people make it out like our fans only go to the game so they can boo ross barkley

Sorry to clarify, I meant the general booing at the game and the negative atmosphere. I think Barkley takes more stick than most myself when it comes to grumbling. He's a player who has all the physical attributes but is lacking mentally, this type of environment won't get the best out of him

Compare his recent performances to those of Deli Allie at Spurs.

He has come on massively under Pochetino.
Barkley has, if anything stagnated or possibly regressed since 2013/14 season.

I think he would blossom under a better manager who could get him to boss a midfield. The ability is there but he appears mentally weak.

I think he would blossom under a better manager who could get him to boss a midfield. The ability is there but he appears mentally weak.

Dele Alli has 1/10th of the pressure and Spurs fans aren't on his back nearly as much.

And the lad's just broken into the team. Akin to Ross's first few seasons, when our fans had less expectation and more patience; as you always will for teenage players breaking through. Now Ross is a few years older and has more responsibility, it's harsh to compare them too much. Let's see how well Alli can keep it up for the next couple of years.

Ross definitely needs to find the right balance. He used to be a bit too gung-ho and now is perhaps a bit too safe, but he's become quite well-rounded. Playing centrally in the prem isn't easy, and I think we need to cut him some slack now and then.

Completely disagree. His debut season, while it may have had a few more highlights, he was way more erratic and more prone to being invisible in a match. He has very much taken his game to another level this season. Much more complete performances.

Too many of our supporters seem to have the expectation that our players wont have poor games or a bad run (not necessarily you).

Ali doesn't run a midfield or attacks.

Completely disagree. His debut season, while it may have had a few more highlights, he was way more erratic and more prone to being invisible in a match. He has very much taken his game to another level this season. Much more complete performances.

Too many of our supporters seem to have the expectation that our players wont have poor games or a bad run (not necessarily you).

Because he's not scoring screamers every week.

But I agree. He's a more complete player this season.

It's almost like saying David Silva is a poor player because he hasn't got an assist in x amount of games.

Dele Alli has come on massively and still isn't as good as Barkley. Barkley scores more goals, gets more assists, and is more involved in the match. Alli's probably further along than Barkley was at that age, but even with the recent wonder goals he still has fewer than Barkley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back