Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would the England team look like if picked on current form?

"Ross Barkley has picked up the highest rating of any Englishman in the league and will be hoping to make only his second competitive international start at the weekend. This looks likely to be a big season for Barkley, who has played every minute of its early stages, scoring twice and picking up an assist for a rating of 7.63. With 3.3 shots and three successful dribbles per game, the 21-year-old is in confident mood, which can’t be said about too many of England’s attacking options".

As people are saying a big season for Ross, he needs to be playing week in week out and maybe the non signing of a 'play maker' will mean he gets more game time. A Barkley playing well is probably an Everton team winning.

What would the England team look like if picked on current form?

"Ross Barkley has picked up the highest rating of any Englishman in the league and will be hoping to make only his second competitive international start at the weekend. This looks likely to be a big season for Barkley, who has played every minute of its early stages, scoring twice and picking up an assist for a rating of 7.63. With 3.3 shots and three successful dribbles per game, the 21-year-old is in confident mood, which can’t be said about too many of England’s attacking options".

As people are saying a big season for Ross, he needs to be playing week in week out and maybe the non signing of a 'play maker' will mean he gets more game time. A Barkley playing well is probably an Everton team winning.
He'll make one wrong pass or the ball will be taken off him easily, as this happens at least once per game, Hodgson will go mental and sub him off, give him a good shouting, and he'll come back with his confidence shattered.

It's the most plausible outcome, but I hope I'm wrong really.

He'll make one wrong pass or the ball will be taken off him easily, as this happens at least once per game, Hodgson will go mental and sub him off, give him a good shouting, and he'll come back with his confidence shattered.

Ross's decision making will get better the more he plays and talks to, and listens to Martinez, Barry, Baines and Jags. I feel Ross has matured a bit since that that game, when Hodgson mouthed off to him. Martinez has instilled a lot of confidence in Ross and I don't think Hodgson, or anyone else in the England set up for that matter, will get under his skin and needle him, if he does make the wrong decision.

Barkley is now doing things on the pitch that is starting to show his real potential, whilst still making the odd mistake or three, and is becoming a real threat. Long may it continue, and I think it will because he is getting the right tutelage.

As frustrating as Ross can be at times with a wayward pass, wayward shot or a turn into trouble, at least he appears to have the confidence to have a go and then have another go... and hopefully, he can iron out those youthful errors in his game.

For me it's not a physical thing with Ross, it's all about getting his head straight, and I'll continue to advocate that the club enlist someone like Colin Harvey to mentor him, not on the pitch, but on his approach to the game and situations therein.

I hope England play him further back. It would be better for Barkley and for England as the players they have there are very limited like Henderson or Milner.

I was fuming when he screamed at him last year. He was only on the pitch for five minutes.

I hope England play him further back. It would be better for Barkley and for England as the players they have there are very limited like Henderson or Milner.

hoping he will play in a mdifield 2 against san marino as we will surely play 2 up-front, hopefully be him and carrick in centre-mid

hoping he will play in a mdifield 2 against san marino as we will surely play 2 up-front, hopefully be him and carrick in centre-mid
I still don't think he'll start. I don't think Hodgson trusts him. I think he will play Carrick, Milner, Delph and Sterling in a diamond with Rooney and Kane up front.

He'll probably get 30 mins.

He wont start Ross.

He will play

Clyne Cahill Stones Shaw

Carrick

Milner Delph

Sterling

Kane Rooney

If he dosent play one of those midfielders he will play ox or shelve instead

who starts for England... barkley or shelvey??

or if not a start who gets the nod to go on??
Barkley.

Shelvey has only just been called up whereas Barkley has been in the group for a while. England teams have a pecking order and you have to earn your place over time. It's what makes them so frustrating for fans.

Also Barkley has the higher rating this season so probably should be ahead.

He wont start Ross.

He will play

Clyne Cahill Stones Shaw

Carrick

Milner Delph

Sterling

Kane Rooney

If he dosent play one of those midfielders he will play ox or shelve instead
Smalling, Cahill and Shaw will definitely start. Clyne almost 90% but yea that will be the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back