Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a shame really that the team doesn't get picked on form because id say pretty much Cahill, Carrick, Delph, Kane & Rooney all wouldn't get picked.

Still cant believe Scott Dann and Zaha didn't get a chance

I think he just needs to improve his vision and decision making. If he can do that he'll become a top drawer player. Wether he will or not is anyone's guess.

Worst case he'll become a great goal scoring midfielder with a good pass.

Barkley.

Shelvey has only just been called up whereas Barkley has been in the group for a while. England teams have a pecking order and you have to earn your place over time. It's what makes them so frustrating for fans.

Also Barkley has the higher rating this season so probably should be ahead.
what rating is this mate?

what rating is this mate?
What would the England team look like if picked on current form?

"Ross Barkley has picked up the highest rating of any Englishman in the league and will be hoping to make only his second competitive international start at the weekend. This looks likely to be a big season for Barkley, who has played every minute of its early stages, scoring twice and picking up an assist for a rating of 7.63. With 3.3 shots and three successful dribbles per game, the 21-year-old is in confident mood, which can’t be said about too many of England’s attacking options".

As people are saying a big season for Ross, he needs to be playing week in week out and maybe the non signing of a 'play maker' will mean he gets more game time. A Barkley playing well is probably an Everton team winning.

@Adversus so its some jarg stats analysis then?

This is their Premier League team of the season, not sure if you've seen Monreal or Smalling play but they're proper donkeys.
ef6a7d1a-d8b4-4358-9b27-cd3abcda5b57-540x428.jpeg

@Adversus so its some jarg stats analysis then?

This is their Premier League team of the season, not sure if you've seen Monreal or Smalling play but they're proper donkeys.
ef6a7d1a-d8b4-4358-9b27-cd3abcda5b57-540x428.jpeg
Smalling was fantastic last year and again this year and really looks like he's progressing.
Monreal I am surprised by that but I can't really argue with the rest.

But yes it is just a ratings based on statistical analysis and personal opinion. My point was that whether you want to use the ratings system or not Barkley has been better than Shelvey.

Smalling was fantastic last year and again this year and really looks like he's progressing.
Monreal I am surprised by that but I can't really argue with the rest.

But yes it is just a ratings based on statistical analysis and personal opinion. My point was that whether you want to use the ratings system or not Barkley has been better than Shelvey.
I don't think you've seen much of Smalling in that case then.
As for Barkley vs. Shelvey so far, thats open for debate. They've had a draw and a win vs. Chelsea and united and are unbeaten so far, whilst Ross has had two good games and two poor ones. Shelvey is so far the more consistent player.

Shelvey and vardy starting tomorow ahead of barkley.

Ross to return from england and a week with hodgson that no confidence player we saw last year

I thought he played well today. He didn't look interested to begin with but as the game went on got better and better. The goal and assist will give him confidence.

Hard for any player to look good against San Marino. Ross did ok, but will not start the next game for England. Not fussed!
I think any player that got 90 mins today can take that as a sign that they won't be starting on Tuesday with the exception of Hart and the fullbacks. Still it was another good performance and I see many have him MOM. You can't ask for more.

Took his goal well, got a great assist and was unlucky that it Harry Kane couldn't do more with a superb little scooped ball in behind the San Marino defence - well in Ross!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back