Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he was excellent today again. Maybe should have closed down faster for their goal but looked so composed with the ball and wanted it all the time. Against a strong chelsea midfield.

Bossed the midfield and had two assists. Was very strong with his tackling and held the ball up fantastically.

He's not the swashbuckling player we saw in the first season but he's turning into a far superior all round midfielder.

Credit to Martinez for developing him into that no.10 midfielder- based on what we've seen so far at least.

....looking much more the part. It was his responsibility to cover their defensive midfielders which is why McCarthy and Barry gave him the look when Chelsea scored, that reminded me of the mid-80s side when a look was all it took to get the message home.

Very good today. I know there will always be some negative Nancys complaining about giving away possession or being selfish, but besides that one terrible decision on the corner in the second half and a bad pass to Naismith on the break, he had very few mistakes. The best part for me is seeing him muscling defenders and protecting the ball in our own half turning upfield and either pushing the pace or making the simple pass to keep possession. While he is racking up goals and assists this season I think the middle third is where he really can be special (in the yaya toure mold).

Very good today. I know there will always be some negative Nancys complaining about giving away possession or being selfish, but besides that one terrible decision on the corner in the second half and a bad pass to Naismith on the break, he had very few mistakes. The best part for me is seeing him muscling defenders and protecting the ball in our own half turning upfield and either pushing the pace or making the simple pass to keep possession. While he is racking up goals and assists this season I think the middle third is where he really can be special (in the yaya toure mold).
Boss the way he's a proper hench now and just shrugs people off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back