Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 Wes Hoolahan
cq5dam.thumbnail.22.28.margin.png
1 David Silva
3 Marc Albrighton
3 Ross Barkley
3 Yaya Touré
6 Aaron Cresswell

seems to have learned how to pick a pass a lot better already this season

Full of confidence and played centrally, 3 goals and 5 assists in 8 games. He's started picking the ball up deeper which definitely suits him rather than receiving it with his back to goal.

Think he is the most gifted since Gazza to be honest. The dribble where he beat a couple of players so easily was very much a Gazza type run. Not seen an English player do that since apart from Owen v Argentina but that was a one off.
He doesn't do it enough, he scares the life out of teams if he runs at them.

I've noticed for quite some time now players stand off him, scared of committing to a tackle because they know he's got quick feet and pace to make them look silly.

I've noticed for quite some time now players stand off him, scared of committing to a tackle because they know he's got quick feet and pace to make them look silly.
Might be a confidence thing. Doing it in a big game like yesterday should show him that he has got it and can do it. I would be surprised if he goes into his shell and doesn't try it again in the next few weeks. Just hope we don't get on his back if he tries it but gets it wrong.

The lad is gonna be frighteningly good in a year or 2. Forget about defensive responsibilities, just get him on the ball and let him wreak havoc.

Been outstanding all season...I really don't care if he loses the ball once or twice...he takes chances because when they come off, we score. Keep doing what you do Ross, you little diamond :)

Thought the same. Get the feeling sometimes he doesn't realise how boss he is and plays within himself a bit.

Quick thinking and quick feet for Naisy's third. Brilliant to see.

It seems to me that he's the key component to how effective we are on the break. When he's motoring at a retreating defence, we're in business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back