Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's been so much more productive already this season which is promising.

I remember the young Ronaldo at Man Utd in his first few seasons where he had all the skill and tricks in the world but didn't know how to convert them in to goals\chances. Something clicked one season for him and he started to figure out how to do it. Hopefully what we've seen so far this season is it starting to click for Ross.

So are we disappointed he is not complete at 21?? Or are we happy he is better than 99% of every midfielder ever at this age??

And if he stays as good as he is now, are disappointed that we have good prem player for free??
Takes a long time to learn how to be a cm, a high pressure position, if brought on properly he will get there, so much talent, the list of world class midfielders is not made up of 20 year olds, even zidane was considered a luxury till he was about 25

Takes a long time to learn how to be a cm, a high pressure position, if brought on properly he will get there, so much talent, the list of world class midfielders is not made up of 20 year olds, even zidane was considered a luxury till he was about 25
Pogba
Gotze

Pogba
Gotze
And even Gotze struggled a lot last season and Pogba has had a slow start to this one as he tries to adapt to being Juventus's main man without Vidal, Pirlo etc.

Ross's major weakness is his decision making but this season he seems to have made great improvements in it. Perhaps there was an element of mental tiredness that a summer off without injury has helped or just one of those things where it all seems to click.

And even Gotze struggled a lot last season and Pogba has had a slow start to this one as he tries to adapt to being Juventus's main man without Vidal, Pirlo etc.

Ross's major weakness is his decision making but this season he seems to have made great improvements in it. Perhaps there was an element of mental tiredness that a summer off without injury has helped or just one of those things where it all seems to click.
Another season of experience as well as a full preseason without an injury at the end of it would really help too LL.
I remember reading a stat somewhere that he'd created about 40 chances and he got one assist. He's obviously been more productive this term though and I think that's come from an improved maturity in his decision making. The vision has always been there in my eyes, just choosing when to stick and when to twist wasn't. Hopefully the decision making and defensive output continues to improve, because then we will truly have a player of real quality on our hands.

Nonsense, he's big and strong and shows a bit of technique when he's arsed.

Il be honest I haven't watched an awful lot of him. Does he suffer the same problems as Ross or is he more athletic and less technique. Is he more a destroyer? What's his dance?

Il be honest I haven't watched an awful lot of him. Does he suffer the same problems as Ross or is he more athletic and less technique. Is he more a destroyer? What's his dance?
No clue what he brings to the party. Any time I've seen him he's been mobile and athletic and that's all the good I could say about him.

http://www.theguardian.com/p/4cgp2/stw
Martínez, however, ascribes the recovery to the midfielder’s attitude, and believes the boyhood Evertonian is on a personal mission to atone for the team’s performances last season. “Football is a team sport and last season was a disappointment for all of us in the league,” the Everton manager said. “We started the league with a real feelgood factor and great expectations but, as a team, we never reached those. Now as a young player you’ve got a choice. You can say it’s the team’s fault or you can say you will change the team’s performance by improving yourself and that was the attitude of Ross, which is very rare in football.

“He openly came out and said he was not performing as well as he should do. That was the change. Last season he could have easily just put his head under and said: ‘The team is not performing well so what can I do?’

“He wasn’t happy because he wanted to enjoy his football and he couldn’t do that because as a team we were not allowing anyone to enjoy it. But he still took on the responsibility. The difference between last season and this one is down to his choice as an individual to take responsibility for what he could do to make the team better. When you have a young player with that incredible attitude, that’s when you see a difference.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back