Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ross is extremely fortunate that he is good at a game that makes people millionaires.

He tweeted the other day: 'Power is up there with the Sopranos'

A clear indication he must have about 4 brain cells

Or you know, just questionable taste in television.

This most of us know and now we should all embrace the diamond we have knowing he will even improve more......rather than jeer him for trying something others are afraid of trying.

I agree that some of the people getting on him are being a bit OTT

However, I also don't think he should be immune from critiscm when it's valid

It's all about balance at the end of the day

Forums in general polarize people mate, media fosters and encourages that as well not just in sport but in everything

So far this season he has stepped up to the plate. He is becoming a very important player for us. I wouldn't say that his finding some form is the reason for our good start but it has been a great assistance. I have always been a fan but some doubt was creeping in when he didn't make the step up. He seems to have now come of age and will hopefully develop into the best player he can be. £50 mill bid from Chelsea at New Year, how does that song go "Money can't buy you --------"

True no one should be immune from criticism. I just think because he is a special player that fans are expecting miracles from him. He is still learning and will still make mistakes. He loves Everton and I don't want to see him be afraid of playing at Goodison. I think we all know that our movement to receive passes has been missing sometimes and if there is not a constructive pass available it will always go sideways or backwards hence the groans and moans.

True no one should be immune from criticism. I just think because he is a special player that fans are expecting miracles from him. He is still learning and will still make mistakes. He loves Everton and I don't want to see him be afraid of playing at Goodison. I think we all know that our movement to receive passes has been missing sometimes and if there is not a constructive pass available it will always go sideways or backwards hence the groans and moans.

That's involuntary to a lot of the fans though

It's done heat of the moment out of frustration because we, like Ross, love Everton and want to see them win. I don't think it's anymore than that and most people catch themselves once they do it. It's not like he's getting wall to wall booing every single week from large chunks of the stadium. Goodison is a very reactive crowd, and that's a perfect example.

It's people coming on here and going balls deep into knocking him which worries me

It then encourages others to come in and go just as balls deep into defending him

Ideally, there's a middle ground I feel. But normally it devolves into he's either 100% not good enough and over hyped or he's 100% amazing and can do no wrong

I'm not sure why I'm surprised, I mean this is the internet after all, but I just think it's worth thinking about

That's involuntary to a lot of the fans though

It's done heat of the moment out of frustration because we, like Ross, love Everton and want to see them win. I don't think it's anymore than that and most people catch themselves once they do it. It's not like he's getting wall to wall booing every single week from large chunks of the stadium. Goodison is a very reactive crowd, and that's a perfect example.

It's people coming on here and going balls deep into knocking him which worries me

It then encourages others to come in and go just as balls deep into defending him

Ideally, there's a middle ground I feel. But normally it devolves into he's either 100% not good enough and over hyped or he's 100% amazing and can do no wrong

I'm not sure why I'm surprised, I mean this is the internet after all, but I just think it's worth thinking about
There'll always be that Mikey, people always are going to have different opinions, sometimes extreme opinions.
Can't do anything to change it really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back