Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this rate, the games are going to become more and more important as we slowly descend the table. He's in a key position in the team and week after week he's not producing the goods.

I genuinely think it'd be best for all concerned if he plied his trade elsewhere.

Don't forget a lot of people voiced similar complaints when Rodwell was sold. There'll be other players, other local players, so why does Barkley have to be kept at all costs? Cut him loose, give someone else a try.

Because the talent is there. Fine, it hasn't been going his way this season but that's not reason alone to get rid.

Rodwell was similarly very good, but didn't have the raw talent of Barkley. People are writing him off and hes only 23. Still got plenty of time to learn and become a better player.

Don't think our style of football suits him. Thrived under Martinez' passing game but has nothing to aim at. There are literally no runs between the lines at the minute. We're so static with a long ball forward then he only has one man to aim for.

He's got ability but never had the work rate. He's getting the work rate now so imma stick with him for another while. Thought he played too far forward but whatever, he got a bit snidey so we go again.

Liking the aggression he showed today but it was in the wrong situations. Worked harder than usuall, just needs to move the ball a bit quicker

Give him some better players around him and see if there is improvement, if not then feel free to sell... But there is one thing that's remained constant during his time here and that is the players around him.

Think he's hit his limit to be honest. How many more seasons can we be saying "He just needs to work on this and this" or "If we had this aspect or player in our game he'd be much better"? The time is coming when we have to say 'sorry Ross, you don't quite cut it'.
I've been defending him for a while. But whenever I see him play, the less and less potential I think he truly has.

Didn't see that TBH. You're making it sound like he hid and wasn't arsed, and it was nothing like that. I agree he didn't show the sort of leadership we need from him, either, but the whole team was driven back second half and didn't have the collective sack to re-take control. Wouldn't single anyone out for lacking commitment tbh, it was just 45 mins of firefighting with a lack of quality to turn the tables.
I don't doubt his commitment, I just don't think he knows what's needed, or what to do.

Give him some better players around him and see if there is improvement, if not then feel free to sell... But there is one thing that's remained constant during his time here and that is the players around him.

Doesn't explain why he's never really done anything for England. Twenty odd caps.

I love Ross but he needs a biiig old break to get out of the spotlight and sort his head out. It doesn't look like he's going to play his way into form any time soon, sad to say.

At 23 you should be dominating in the majority of games, granted not all but at least 50% you should have a telling contribution to the outcome.

He does not as the basics are still being worked on

sad but true mate, still talking about the basics at 23 years of age.

We either persist and hope everything one in 5 games is a winning performance, he either becomes a squad player, or he gets flogged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back