Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? Maybe it's best for him too. It's simply not working for him at Everton, and he's been in the team long enough for it to become evident it never will.

Because we have far worse than Barkley in our squad! He hasn't all of a sudden turned to mush. Been playing poor this season but there is still a quality player in there.

I'm a massive critic, thought he was one of our worst players tonight. But by no means should he be sold.

I'm pleased he had such a good game the other day, and hope he keeps it up, as I did the last time he had a good game after being dropped.

I think he's been largely average and sometimes worse this season with little in the way of mitigating factors. Lukaku often has poor games with back to goal but then scores a brace in it, which at the end of the day is his job above all else, so you have to say he has done well. If Barkley was largely anonymous and then did similar with goals and assists, I'd be made up with him. However, he has 2 goals and 2 assists in 15 despite being a set-piece taker and a number 10.

He's now 23 and the derby will be his 150th appearance for club and country (excluding loan spells). He's actually a pretty experienced player now. If he doesn't score he'll have just 20 goals to those appearances and probably a similarly low number of assists. It's clear a player that talented could be doing a lot better, which i think is where the frustration comes from.

frabz-He-did-it-again-04d85d.jpg

My dream are Barkley coming good to dominate English football popped tonight.

I'm fed up of watching him jog around 9 matches out of 10. Today as a local lad he should have been proactive and screaming for the ball. Instead he was jogging, apart from the one sprint into a sliding tackle which should have seen him off.

I think we're in the position where we need a proper trick creative central midfielder. Ross isn't a box to box, he's not a defensive midfielder and he's not quick thinking enough to be an attacking midfield.

I hate myself for saying this, but for the first time, I'd take 40 million for him right now, and hand the cash to Walsh.
Didn't see that TBH. You're making it sound like he hid and wasn't arsed, and it was nothing like that. I agree he didn't show the sort of leadership we need from him, either, but the whole team was driven back second half and didn't have the collective sack to re-take control. Wouldn't single anyone out for lacking commitment tbh, it was just 45 mins of firefighting with a lack of quality to turn the tables.

His nerves were absolutely shot to bits before kick off.

He's playing in a team without any quality at the moment and that's a huge part of the problem. So much hinges on him and he can't cope with that pressure.

You look at other teams and they have 3/4 players who can unlock a defence, we don't.

Because we have far worse than Barkley in our squad! He hasn't all of a sudden turned to mush. Been playing poor this season but there is still a quality player in there.

I'm a massive critic, thought he was one of our worst players tonight. But by no means should he be sold.
At this rate, the games are going to become more and more important as we slowly descend the table. He's in a key position in the team and week after week he's not producing the goods.

I genuinely think it'd be best for all concerned if he plied his trade elsewhere.

Don't forget a lot of people voiced similar complaints when Rodwell was sold. There'll be other players, other local players, so why does Barkley have to be kept at all costs? Cut him loose, give someone else a try.

I'd sell him . I just don't see what he brings to us at the moment or for a while been honest. He could turn out to be a rooney elsewhere but id think be more a Jeffers or a Rodwell.
He's a local lad I get that but he's not making a positive impact and at 23 he should be dominating games

He's got ability but never had the work rate. He's getting the work rate now so imma stick with him for another while. Thought he played too far forward but whatever, he got a bit snidey so we go again.

I hate to say it, but I don't think he will make it, much overhyped. No idea what the problem is but my best guess is that he's plain stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back