Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Round of 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Controlling a ball along the ground a meter in front of you is nowhere near the level of difficulty as a volley across your body. It's hyperbolic nonsense.
Correct. Hence why I mentioned multiple touches, a ridiculous first touch followed by a great finish is not straightforward. Low league scores volleys. Not many low league players score that Rhodri goal.

Correct. Hence why I mentioned multiple touches, a ridiculous first touch followed by a great finish is not straightforward. Low league scores volleys. Not many low league players score that Rhodri goal.
An okay first touch and scuffed finish in loads of space, he made the space for himself but not worth creaming your kecks over

They have a much better squad than they have had in previous tournaments and have had very favourable draws. He is better than hodgson, McClaren and Keegan though.

I’ve not really seen the Southgate acolytes address this point yet. Probably because they’ve got nothing to come back with. His record has been artificially airbrushed by several very fortunate tournament draws in succession.

Look at our group in 2014, there is no way Southgate gets us out of that. 2012 we had France in the group and then finalists Italy in the first knockout round. 2016 was a complete disaster, granted, that one had nothing to do with the draw. But every tournament Southgate has been involved in we’ve had huge slices of luck with the draw. 2018 we actually finished second in the group and STILL managed to be on the side of the draw with a load of dossers. There is nothing clever or strategic about that, that is pure luck.

You can not think it's brilliant but to call it only an okay first touch and a scuffed finish is mad disrespect.

(It was an intentional touch, I've watched him do the same move loads of times).
It's a good goal, it is a typical deep midfielder first touch so well within his repertoire, and a slightly sciffed finish.

Not worth the 5 minutes of fawning that followed it on itv or kev making a case for it being worthy of van Basten praise.

Just my opinion.

It's a good goal, it is a typical deep midfielder first touch so well within his repertoire, and a slightly sciffed finish.

Not worth the 5 minutes of fawning that followed it on itv or kev making a case for it being worthy of van Basten praise.

Just my opinion.

Oh hang on, I came into this halfway through, you're talking about the Rodri goal aren't you :lol:

I thought you were slagging off the Olmo goal and showing Rodri's as a better version.

I’ve not really seen the Southgate acolytes address this point yet. Probably because they’ve got nothing to come back with. His record has been artificially airbrushed by several very fortunate tournament draws in succession.

Look at our group in 2014, there is no way Southgate gets us out of that. 2012 we had France in the group and then finalists Italy in the first knockout round. 2016 was a complete disaster, granted, that one had nothing to do with the draw. But every tournament Southgate has been involved in we’ve had huge slices of luck with the draw. 2018 we actually finished second in the group and STILL managed to be on the side of the draw with a load of dossers. There is nothing clever or strategic about that, that is pure luck.
2016 we had a midfield three of Dier, Dele and a past his best Rooney. Hart in goal (bang average), Smalling and Cahill (decent players but nothing special), Danny Rose (no explanation required). Sturridge played. I reckon the majority of our second XI gets in that team easily. It was a very poor squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back