Round of 8 (AKA The Quarter-Finals)

Drico

Player Valuation: £50m
Or the Sixth Round in local parlance. Or maybe not.

Anyway, from The Guardian:

After months of being hampered by injury and only being able to train sporadically, Leroy Sané says he is finally pain-free and has backed himself to make an impact for Germany when they face Spain in Friday’s mouthwatering quarter-final.

Of course he does. Imagine suffering from this issue all year and then, just in time for the biggest match of your year - possibly career, you miraculously declare full health and your intention to make an impact.

If I were Nagelsmann, I wouldn't believe a word of it. Secondly, even if I did, I wouldn't have him near the side. This is a man who flouts the Trades Descriptions Act with every performance. I remember him the last time they played Spain - at the World Cup - bursting through one-on-one in the final minutes to win the game, rounding the keeper, and falling flat on his face. He's a showpony that Die Nationalmannschaft really cannot afford if they don't want to take a shafting themselves.

So, over to you Julian. We'll get a very good idea if Germany have any chance on Friday as soon as we see the teams...