Royston Drenthe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brownie lad where are you?

Brownieeeeeee?

Gareth Barry probably likes playing on the right so he can come inside and shoot, who cares. You'll notice he also said: "I think the best position for me is on the left side." I was only saying what I've seen, he's always played left side when I've seen him and I've seen nothing to suggest he'd be more effective on the right.

Gareth Barry probably likes playing on the right so he can come inside and shoot, who cares. You'll notice he also said: "I think the best position for me is on the left side." I was only saying what I've seen, he's always played left side when I've seen him and I've seen nothing to suggest he'd be more effective on the right.

Nobody thought of Downing, Johnson and N'zogbia playing there until the last couple of seasons and lo and behold, they went from decent wingers to full internationals.

Who would you compare him to?

I hope he's a bit more than a wide player who plays in straight lines.

Definitely more than that mate, he's the skilful little man making the big kids look silly, you know what I'm saying. Quick feet in the final third, good on the turn, aware of what's around him. He will make chances, no doubt about it.

To be clear about my point, I think if you're going to play a wide player on the opposite side, you want him to be a goalscorer. The main advantage of doing that is to allow them to cut inside and shoot as we've all been saying, which can be very strong if you have someone like a Thierry Henry or an Ashley Young or a Charles N'Zogbia, who can dribble with that nice little tiny touch on the ball and the curler into the far corner. Drenthe doesn't have that in his locker.

loan, but on a free at the end of it, so i assume if he's good for us it will become permanent.

I was hoping it was all tied up now to be honest. I really rate this lad and can't see a downside to us signing him permanently now. If he doesn't live up to expectations we can sell him on for a small profit if however he plays really well then we'll have signed him and if anyone wants to get him they will have to pay a big fee. However if he's just on loan and he does really well we run risk of losing him to someone who will pay him more wages etc and we don't get anything.

Every time I mention it to someone here in Alicante that my team has signed Drenthe the response is like a snigger and a ''fcuking hell''. Lots of tales of sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll. I'm hoping they're just tales

Every time I mention it to someone here in Alicante that my team has signed Drenthe the response is like a snigger and a ''fcuking hell''. Lots of tales of sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll. I'm hoping they're just tales

Just respond with something along the lines of "Maradonna. Best. Socrates. Gascoine." Etc.

Liking a bit of a knees up does not necessarily a Van der Meyde make.

I'd have Steven Pienaar back all day. Him and Roystown would play backheel one-twos up and down the pitch.

You came in your pants when you typed that didn't you ffs?

Super, he so rockstar. An idol of the Gwladys Street by December, the Park End hating him by January.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back