Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some/most of the players aren’t good enough it’s that simple, changing manager again is just moving deck chairs around on the titanic.

Bingo.

Honestly, the next manager should come in with a long term plan and vision to rebuild and be allowed the freedom to do it.

We have to do both. Can’t keep a one way time warped manager. Change is needed

Disagree mate, we need stability and strong recruitment. I think Sam gives us that, when you look at our better players it’s Allardyce who brought them in, he deserves an opportunity in my opinion to sweep up the mess creasted. The club also needs stability and strong foundations in the next 12 months.

The guff on here over Allardyce is hyperbole. Our clear problem is our players aren’t good enough, it’s the one constant over three managers.

Bingo.

Honestly, the next manager should come in with a long term plan and vision to rebuild and be allowed the freedom to do it.

Agreed, but I’d let Sam see out here s contract, we are very fragile st the moment and recruiting a unproven manager with a decent record in a bogey league could really harm ya.

If Allardyce can circle the square in the summer progress is to Europe next season we would have a better profile for recruiting our next manager.

Agreed, but I’d let Sam see out here s contract, we are very fragile st the moment and recruiting a unproven manager with a decent record in a bogey league could really harm ya.

If Allardyce can circle the square in the summer progress is to Europe next season we would have a better profile for recruiting our next manager.

It's sucking the life out of the club/fans. If Allardyce sees out his contract we will be in a worse position than we are now, not better.

I just can't believe anyone would advocate him hanging around.

In fairness, I would hazard a guess that every squad in the league is the most expensive ever assembled for every club.
You’re probably right mate. I suppose that makes our performance this season even more meritorious since we have managed to stay ahead of the free spending Stokes and Southampton’s etc etc of the world.
Has it been our best season since ‘86/87? hmmm...maybe not, but as I said, you’d be a niggardly curmudgeon to not give Mister Allardyce (or ‘the gaffer’ as our brave lads call him) another stint at the helm of this proud club

NSNO

So we keep a manager who has produced some of the worst football I've seen from an Everton side, but get rid of him after next season even if he gets us into Europe, that doesn't make sense.

Disagree mate, we need stability and strong recruitment. I think Sam gives us that, when you look at our better players it’s Allardyce who brought them in, he deserves an opportunity in my opinion to sweep up the mess creasted. The club also needs stability and strong foundations in the next 12 months.

The guff on here over Allardyce is hyperbole. Our clear problem is our players aren’t good enough, it’s the one constant over three managers.

Unlike, I don't hate Allardyce. However he cant stay beyond the summer as the fanbase has already turned which makes his position untenable.

I agree we need stability. That also needs to come from the fan side.

It's sucking the life out of the club/fans. If Allardyce sees out his contract we will be in a worse position than we are now, not better.

I just can't believe anyone would advocate him hanging around.

It’s not really mate that’s just bad Huber ole club of the field activities go from strength to strength, this forum is a microcosm of opinion and people generally just express views to vent pent up frustration anonomously.

Look, the reality has been he has overseen some clever recruitment and we are in bad need of rationalizing the squad, it’s s dogs dinner, he has skills in this regard and balancing a team.

Anyone who thinks the difficulty we have is going to solved by changing manager every six months is fooling themselves.

What is really sucking the lifeblood out of the club is spending 50 million on sacking managers and coaches.

You’re probably right mate. I suppose that makes our performance this season even more meritorious since we have managed to stay ahead of the free spending Stokes and Southampton’s etc etc of the world.
Has it been our best season since ‘86/87? hmmm...maybe not, but as I said, you’d be a niggardly curmudgeon to not give Me Allardyce (or ‘the gaffer’ as our brave lads call him) another stint at the helm of this proud club

NSNO

Oh its been crap mate, dont get me wrong. But one stick you cant use to beat the beaut with is the transfers.

I was troubled when he came in, but he, by hook or by crook, (sic), he did what the board hired him for.

Like most on here, I dont want him remaining past May.

Unlike, I don't hate Allardyce. However he cant stay beyond the summer as the fanbase has already turned which makes his position untenable.

I agree we need stability. That also needs to come from the fan side.

I disagree I think it’s very short sighted. I don’t believe the whole fan base in necessarily against him and ultimately results dictate everything. 12 months of stability and proper recruitment to a plan would do wonders for the club, he deserves that opportunity, before any judgement in my opinion.

We lack quality in key areas to much to bring in a new boss of potential from a bogey leave, we are far to fragile for that in my opinion, don’t let league position fool you we are really bad. That is not down to our current manager.

So we keep a manager who has produced some of the worst football I've seen from an Everton side, but get rid of him after next season even if he gets us into Europe, that doesn't make sense.
I'm genuinely lost. What about his managerial career makes you THINK he can "circle the square" and keep us from playing "the worst football you've ever seen"?

It's either a wind up or you really aren't thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back