Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice one, I’ll take credit it for then!

The quote
“ Insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result” is seemingly from an unknown source... you could be that source. Einstien was actually far smarter than that and much more humble IMHO and his.

No manager can succeed at any club if the fans are against him. Allardyce appears to take pleasure in WUMming the supporters, he's done mate. He was poorly thought of by the fan base prior to his arrival and he's less well thought of now. No manager can thrive in that environment, he's got to go.

I agree to an extent, fans are sheep and will respond to results in the main. I think it’s more of a trinity of fans, players and board. If he looses all three then he could go, it’s uktimately what goosed Koeman. I’m not so sure hes lost the players or the board.

It does raise the point of fan power though, I don’t think fans per say should have power over a club changing manager every six months. To be honest I wouldn’t trust some fans to make a decision to order a pizza on here with some of the posts I read. Ha I’m sure many reading my posts in this thread feel the same.

No manager can succeed at any club if the fans are against him. Allardyce appears to take pleasure in WUMming the supporters, he's done mate. He was poorly thought of by the fan base prior to his arrival and he's less well thought of now. No manager can thrive in that environment, he's got to go.

Sounds vaguely Cromwellian - King Charles may have a lesson or two for BFS

It’s definitely not the way to fix Everton, what did Einstein say the definition of stupidity was again.

I think you mean 'insanity' not stupidity mate

But as he never actually said that either - it just has become one of those things people like to quote as one of his statements who don't actually have a clue where it came from - a nice favourite from politicians to use like...

I disagree I think it’s very short sighted.
We lack quality in key areas to much to bring in a new boss of potential from a bogey leave,

...I guess the question is; ‘why can’t a new manager pick his nose in his own time?’. To offer a new gaffer bogey leave seems a little excessive. I am imagining you are referencing that German bloke who picks at his nose and bum during games. I guess ‘bogey and bum’ leave might be applicable to a recidivist nose and bottom picker like him, but is that the type of man we want helming the mighty ship Everton? hmmm, I’m not sure.

I think his default mindset is what we have seen mate. Its not his fault, its just that his career has been one of survival. He did what he was asked, if he can demonstrate to the board the players and style he will deploy next season, then fine. I just doubt one as long in the tooth as him can.

Are we not guilty of the same thing assuming that though!

...I guess the question is; ‘why can’t a new manager pick his nose in his own time?’. To offer a new gaffer bogey leave seems a little excessive. I am imagining you are referencing that German bloke who picks at his nose and bum during games. I guess ‘bogey and bum’ leave might be applicable to a recidivist nose and bottom picker like him, but is that the type of man we want helming the mighty ship Everton? hmmm, I’m not sure.

Hey whatever orifice floats your boat mate.

Only one I can recall was Benitez at Chelsea

I disagree I think it’s very short sighted. I don’t believe the whole fan base in necessarily against him and ultimately results dictate everything. 12 months of stability and proper recruitment to a plan would do wonders for the club, he deserves that opportunity, before any judgement in my opinion.

We lack quality in key areas to much to bring in a new boss of potential from a bogey leave, we are far to fragile for that in my opinion, don’t let league position fool you we are really bad. That is not down to our current manager.

I'm not sure why you think I disagree with you here?

I agree with pretty much everything you say apart from the fan base part. There is too much of an anti Allardyce agenda that it wont matter what he does he is doomed. He is also 63 himself and came out of retirement to manage us. The stability will not be there because even if we start doing OK, one poor run will have people turning on him because of who he is.

Everybody needs to be on the same page going forward which means out next managerial appointment (which will happen in the summer) will be massive and has to be right.

Hey whatever orifice floats your boat mate.
I guess that’s an issue though; bogey and bottom matter have such differing densities that it’s difficult to determine the effect on buoyancy per unit volume. I think Einstein said something about this when he picked up some bogey off a ships hand rail. His famous quote was : “this comes from an unknown source”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back