Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree I think it’s very short sighted. I don’t believe the whole fan base in necessarily against him and ultimately results dictate everything. 12 months of stability and proper recruitment to a plan would do wonders for the club, he deserves that opportunity, before any judgement in my opinion.

We lack quality in key areas to much to bring in a new boss of potential from a bogey leave, we are far to fragile for that in my opinion, don’t let league position fool you we are really bad. That is not down to our current manager.

If, and its a big IF, he is given a mandate by the board of a pot, top 6, decent football, then I would agree, reluctantly.

He was given a mandate to stay up, he did that. Can he deliver a more demanding one? Dunno me.

Thought the substitutions were spot on today though...

Some of the comments on here are ridiculous....

Should of nicked it at the end...

Well done sam - organised the team and got a result

Sam saved us from relegation and he's the man to take us into next season. He's made us better defensively and he just needs a few more of his own players.

Excellent display he has not disgraced the club

WE may hate his style but look at our table position .From 'will we go down ' , we have come to 'will we play in europe next season . big cheers for the big sam ... but this doesnot mean i want him to stay after this season ..give us a good finish n leave with ur retirement cheque sir :pint2:

if he leads us to europe , Moshiri wont have any reason to look somewhere else . n qualifying for europe looks like a real possibility ..looking at our remaining fixtures

taught guardiola a lesson today.

Good to see the Sam fan club are still drinking the Koolaid. The "showing Pep how it's done" one was my favourite.

Agreed, but I’d let Sam see out here s contract, we are very fragile st the moment and recruiting a unproven manager with a decent record in a bogey league could really harm ya.

If Allardyce can circle the square in the summer progress is to Europe next season we would have a better profile for recruiting our next manager.

I'm indifferent to him for this season but I can't see him nor want him next season if we can get in a talented manager.

If it's Silva or Dyche, then Sam can stay as it's no progress.
If it's Fonseca, a big name, or even Howe (imo), then he can move aside.

If, and its a big IF, he is given a mandate by the board of a pot, top 6, decent football, then I would agree, reluctantly.

He was given a mandate to stay up, he did that. Can he deliver a more demanding one? Dunno me.

What would make you think not though?

I mean on the evidence of the player he targeted in the Jan window is very reassuring.

To be fair to the man, he was handed the manure end of the stick mid season, with a squad lacking in quality with a massive imbalance. I think he deserves an opportunity to use his other skill sets in recruitment and rationalizing the squad.

If it was Silva who came in and achieved the same results and recruited as Allardyce has people would be backing him hugely. Rightly or wrongly people are prejudiced by Allardyce and push that narrative.

If you look at the Everton squad, is there a single player you’d reckon not up to it? ...

Thought not.

And you’d all agree Mr Allardyce appears to have nearly universal support (and elicits genuine affection) from the globally massive Everton fan base?...

Thought so.

So, why change what’s working? We are on the cusp of something big here lads. We are circling the top table. It might sound hubristic, but with Mr Allardyce at the helm, and Capt Jags, Tubby Ashley, Schneids, Wayne , Bainsey et al in the vanguard, I reckon the title ‘champions of England and Europe’ is close to being ours!

NSNO

I'm indifferent to him for this season but I can't see him nor want him next season if we can get in a talented manager.

If it's Silva or Dyche, then Sam can stay as it's no progress.
If it's Fonseca, a big name, or even Howe (imo), then he can move aside.

I actually like Howe as well. He could build something.

But I do think the view on Allardyce or the mitigation to the situation he was in when he took over is very narrow amongst many Evertonians.

I'm genuinely lost. What about his managerial career makes you THINK he can "circle the square" and keep us from playing "the worst football you've ever seen"?

If Allardyce can circle the square in the summer progress is to Europe next season we would have a better profile for recruiting our next manager.

Mate I was responding to the above comment baby Neiler.

I mean on the evidence of the player he targeted in the Jan window is very reassuring.

To be fair to the man, he was handed the manure end of the stick mid season, with a squad lacking in quality with a massive imbalance. I think he deserves an opportunity to use his other skill sets in recruitment and rationalizing the squad.

If it was Silva who came in and achieved the same results and recruited as Allardyce has people would be backing him hugely. Rightly or wrongly people are prejudiced by Allardyce and push that narrative.
No manager can succeed at any club if the fans are against him. Allardyce appears to take pleasure in WUMming the supporters, he's done mate. He was poorly thought of by the fan base prior to his arrival and he's less well thought of now. No manager can thrive in that environment, he's got to go.

I think his default mindset is what we have seen mate. Its not his fault, its just that his career has been one of survival. He did what he was asked, if he can demonstrate to the board the players and style he will deploy next season, then fine. I just doubt one as long in the tooth as him can.

It’s definitely not the way to fix Everton, what did Einstein say the definition of stupidity was again.
Actually it was ‘ Insanity’ rather than ‘stupidity’ and Einstien never said it either.
Einstien did however say that “We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that created them”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back