Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree mate, we need stability and strong recruitment. I think Sam gives us that, when you look at our better players it’s Allardyce who brought them in, he deserves an opportunity in my opinion to sweep up the mess creasted. The club also needs stability and strong foundations in the next 12 months.

The guff on here over Allardyce is hyperbole. Our clear problem is our players aren’t good enough, it’s the one constant over three managers.
While chopping and changing managers every so often is far from ideal, you have to remember that Allardyce was only brought in as a stop gap initially until the end of the season until he managed to negotiate another year on his contract. He is not the future of Everton Football Club and never will be, so if he is not removed in the summer it will another season wasted even if was to be sacked it the autumn as undoubtedly he would be.

The fans will not tolerate another season of his anti-football even if it brings stability. The best we can hope for under him is that we finish just about exactly where we are now - an underwhelming 8/9/10th in the table. Let an new man take over in co-ordination with a new recruitment strategy and see where that takes us. We have nothing to lose.

While chopping and changing managers every so often is far from ideal, you have to remember that Allardyce was only brought in as a stop gap initially until the end of the season until he managed to negotiate another year on his contract. He is not the future of Everton Football Club and never will be, so if he is not removed in the summer it will another season wasted even if was to be sacked it the autumn as undoubtedly he would be.

The fans will not tolerate another season of his anti-football even if it brings stability. The best we can hope for under him is that we finish just about exactly where we are now - an underwhelming 8/9/10th in the table. Let an new man take over in co-ordination with a new recruitment strategy and see where that takes us. We have nothing to lose.

Much of Moyes's reign was negative football.

Not to this extent.

I can't stand Allardyce but we aren't a West Ham type club who demand to play a certain way, bearing in mind Moyes was here for 11 years and the tedium of the Walter years prior to that. Nearly the entire 90s we didn't play good football. It's when an Arteta or a Kanchelskis or for a while Barkley comes around that we see better football. We've usually always had a big target man up front and been a direct side throughout the Prem era and under Martinez fans would be booing at the ball not getting forward quick enough.

Under Martinez we were expansive but forgot how to defend and Silva is a Martinez mk 2 in waiting. Ideally you want an expansive manager who can organise a defence but unless you can find another Pochettino they aren't easy to find. It's a shame we couldn't get the Wolves manager.

Dyche got relegated with burnley and then last season didn't win away until near the end of the season and lost nearly every away game.

He is very similar to Allardyce in the way his teams play and a bit of a chip on his shoulder about foreign managers etc and an old school mentality. Allardyce is suited to getting a small club punching above their weight, Dyche is probably the same.

Back of the street end chanting a lovely song about him at the rooney sub today.

Shame to see this tbh, comes across a bit classless

Edit: that doesn't mean I want him to stay as manager by any means btw

I’d have Dyche tomorrow morning absolute class. NO manager in the world could match what he’s done at Burnley would love him to be given a chance

I’d have Dyche tomorrow morning absolute class. NO manager in the world could match what he’s done at Burnley would love him to be given a chance
hes my manager of the season,and who i wanted when sam and silva were linked,,,,would have had silva over sam though lol out those 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back