Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moyes is doing quite well at West Ham - well enough that they seem to be keeping him on. He could build a decent team there. Especially if he is as thorough as he was here.

Howe is also doing well at Bournemouth, but he seems content there. Dyche has built Burnley up and did a very good job. Hughton has done okay this season

Meanwhile a bunch of the “superior” foreign coaches have got sacked - Silva, Pelligrino, etc

Just being foreign doesn't make you a good coach. You get good ones and bad ones. De Boer was mentioned as being awful but he was sacked after 4 games which is hardly a fair crack and he was trying to change a style of play that was suited to Pulis, Warnock and Allardyce who managed them (and therefore Hodgson was better suited). Swansea were relegation certs under Clement (another very defensive English manager) until Carvahal came in and really turned the team around.

Dyche and Hughton are decent managers but their football is very basic and negative - Hodgson, Pulis, Allardyce etc are the same. The league has been woeful this season outside the top 6 and Burnley have took advantage despite going 3 months without a win recently they were still 7th. Everton of course gifted them their first win to get back on track with Sam's tactics.

Eddie Howe is a novelty as an English manager who actually tries to play football. He's done an unbelievable job at Bournemouth given they were bottom of the 4th division when he took over.

I heard Kevin Kilbane on the radio yesterday, must have been a half an hour after the game and he mentioned that Moshiri and Kenwright were still in their seats talking, not far from where he was.

I hope that if Sam is off, the decision has now been taken, if not taken weeks ago.

He has not stepped up here, but my thoughts after yesterday were more to do with the absolute hatchet job that Walsh and Koeman have done on the squad.

It would be sheer madness to bring a new manager in whilst Walsh remains as DOF.

We need new CEO, DOF, Manager, and in that order.

It's not change for change's sake, other than not being relegated, we are pretty much starting from scratch again now.

At the end of the day we kept a clean sheet against one of the best RS sides of recent times. Yes, Salah was missing but they're still a top side who've got one foot in the semi-finals of the Champions League.

Jesus wept.

Yeah they were missing salah AND ferminho plus as you said they have one foot in the champs league semi therefore they weren’t bothering to stick the other one into the game against us. We kept a clean sheet to a half arsed half redshite team.

Fair enough but there's not many of you left now who still back him.

He's a goner and I think he knows it himself.

I still think its the wrong move for the club mate, i think people see a huge upside to a change in manager im not sure its the smoking gun peopple expect and their is a real fragility still to the playing squad. I think he is a safe pair of hands, i think he can balance a squad and recruit well and rationlise the mess thats there, thats what we need for 12 months, phased development, no one move is going to catiput us. We also need to stop laking money on managers 50 million since Mosh took over.

Last edited:
I note that after 33 games we have 41 points; exactly the same accumulation as we had at the same stage in Bobby's 2nd and 3rd year.

Truly, this club is making giant steps forward

NSNO

Part of me thinks that we may have been better off sticking with Martinez really, maybe he would have figured things out.

Only part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back