Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or you could say. Most sensible fans can see right through this fraud Allardyce and that hes just doing this to wind up the fans.

Personally, I'd rather wait for a club announcement before breaking out the champagne. I think Kings connection is with the old regime at Goodison and I'm not entirely convinced that there isnt some sort of power struggle going on within the club.
The power is with the man with the money, 'twas forever thus.

Erm... unless I've missed something, nothing is new is it? I mean Allardyce is saying he's going to be here next year because he's contracted to be here next year.

Why the hell would he say anything other than that? He's not going to resign and walk away from the payoff when he's sacked is he?

What he says means nothing. It's what Moshiri says that matters, and as big of a fraud as I think he is even I can't envisage a scenario where he'd be insane enough to keep Allardyce beyond the end of the season.

So again, unless I'm missing something, perhaps calm down a bit?
I've watched it three times and still can't make my mind up.

Except they don’t. He’s under contract and no clarification over his future is needed.

Pre-scheduled meeting between an owner and employee to discuss next years targets.

Is the owner in that scenario going to say "by the way, you're deffo gone in a few weeks, so this entire thing is pointless"?

Allardyce sounds sheepish about staying next season but it looks like he has had the nod to get planning for next season.

Finishing top 8th/9th has swung this for Allardyce. If we had an ambitious owner then it wouldn't have mattered. However, it's apparent now that this feller is looking to get a stadium built with cash from other people so he can look to make a profit and get out and leave the squad building to others. The cash spent on players so far has been generated by the club.
Koeman finished higher he did not last long the season after, it's just a matter of time - my feeling is Mosh will get an available competent manager in before next season!

There is a lot of confirmation bias in each direction re Allardyce. If you believe he will go or stay, there is enough in each direction to indicate so.

He is very unlikely to come out and say he is leaving, certainly not before the last home game, but though his body language was off it was a clear statement saying he was saying. That being said journalists close to the club are saying he is off.

I personally think a lot is in the balance. If they can get Fonseca I think they will move him on, but I would imagine Fonseca will want to wait on Arsenal first or maybe PSG.

There is little sense in announcing Allardyce is going, he is quite an effective human shield and stops the level of intrusion there is at the club in finding a successor. They may have to act before the Southampton game if they decide he is going and feel it would sour the lap of honour (these things do strangely make a difference).

I don't think I have ever said this to date yet, but I am almost at the point where I hope we lose tomorrow. I think a comprehensive win, allied to his mates in the media giving him praise and Fonseca not committing could either sway us, or see that we take our time removing him and lose valuable time in moving forward. A defeat to Huddersfield though could tip it the other way. Normally single games don't matter much but it feels very much that each game has an impact currently.

I do wonder if the delay in Brands may be linked to all of this as well. If he is only happy to come if he knows Sam is going?

Whichever way you look at it, the entire process has been a mess. Moshiri once again has come out of it with very little credit. Arsenal have announced Wenger is going, United did with Ferguson, we did with Moyes, albeit all in very different circumstances. There is precedent though to state the manager will leave come the end of the season but will stay in charge until that moment, and we are very grateful for the role Allardyce has played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back