Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you're right mate. However, I'd like to know why some people are positive they think he is leaving when all most of us see is a man who has us in 8th and has just informed the world he and the club owner are making squad plans for next season.
If it wasn't true time Moshiri called him out,but I won't hold my breath.

I hope you're right mate. However, I'd like to know why some people are positive they think he is leaving when all most of us see is a man who has us in 8th and has just informed the world he and the club owner are making squad plans for next season.
Koeman survived getting into the Europa - sacked - Sam is despensible, and his press conference at no time did he utter the words I am here next season just vaugue, also he can say that as ATM he is contracted to do so!

A good point you made earlier - highly unlikely that he would drag the club owner into some elaborate ruse to pretend to the media that he was staying when in fact he was on the brink of being dismissed. The notion just doesn't stand up to scrutiny apart from by a few wishful thinkers.

If it wasn't true time Moshiri called him out,but I won't hold my breath.

Moshiri is happy as Larry with Allardyce. 8th position and way out of trouble = his cash has retained its value. He'd settle for three more seasons of that whatever the quality of football and lack of progress if it tided us over to a stadium opening.

He's all about getting someone to pay for a stadium and absolutely nothing about team development.

Koeman survived getting into the Europa - sacked - Sam is despensible, and his press conference at no time did he utter the words I am here next season just vaugue, also he can say that as ATM he is contracted to do so!
No, Koeman was sacked because of Europa failure plus multiple humiliations in the league, leaving the club in the relegation zone.

Koeman was sacked because we were in the relegation zone.

A good point you made earlier - highly unlikely that he would drag the club owner into some elaborate ruse to pretend to the media that he was staying when in fact he was on the brink of being dismissed. The notion just doesn't stand up to scrutiny apart from by a few wishful thinkers.
I cant think of a plausible alternative scenario where Allardyce claims Moshiri's backing. No chance he's gone out on a limb like this. None.

I can see why people want it to be a wind up (myself included) but as you say...not likely.

Moshiri is happy as Larry with Allardyce. 8th position and way out of trouble = his cash has retained its value. He'd settle for three more seasons of that whatever the quality of football and lack of progress if it tided us over to a stadium opening.

He's all about getting someone to pay for a stadium and absolutely nothing about team development.

I know you hate Moshiri but really? He's sacked two managers and oversaw £200m+ of player recruitment but has no interest in team development?

Sacked Martinez for finishing 11th but is happy with Allardyce sitting in 8th a few points above 11th?

I don't buy it.

So why did he offer a 6 month contract, then settled on an 18 month deal?

He said a lot more than that Joey.Planning transfers and pre-season with the clubs owner?

I know you hate Moshiri but really? He's sacked two managers and oversaw £200m+ of player recruitment but has no interest in team development?

Sacked Martinez for finishing 11th but is happy with Allardyce sitting in 8th a few points above 11th?

I don't buy it.
Probably because Martinez had a pre-season and the full season to get us there.

Fast approaching agreement with @davek myself.

Going to the Southampton game, and being the world's worst uncle, am taking my nephew too. Probably my last for a while if he stays.

Won't stop supporting Everton obviously, but how to hell can almost £200 be justified once a month to travel to Liverpool to watch at best a completely soulless 1-0 against a Championship quality side?

Moshiri is unforgivable if he sticks with Allardyce and if we accept it by showing up at the game, doing all the stuff we should do as fans basically, we'll be complicit in this club wasting yet another chance.

Fed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back