Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So with a full pre-season and the acquisition of Wilshere, Jones etc we'll be what? 7th at absolute best?

I don't think Moshiri wants that. If he was happy with that he'd have kept Koeman a lpt longer who had proven he could achieve that.
If Koeman had looked like producing it he would have kept him,but it was obvious Koemans mind was elsewhere.

Why do people believe he staying? In that presser he said he as good as Simone and we play attractive football, he never said anything concrete about staying and was very vague on transfer and such, not to mention the way he was. Wasn’t a man staying unless he is staying and he annoyed he not getting him 9 mil and a holiday.

Personally and realistically I think he’s going
This could also be a stunt by Mosheri as to what the fans really think, if they don’t kick up a fuss it means he may keep him.

Put it this way, if Sam is retained past May, Moshiri will lose himself a "backer".

Only a club with no ambition would retain such jokers as Steve Walsh, Sammy Gravy and his tribe of hanger oners.

This.

Moshiri knows by now the Everton fans are unforgiving. No matter how much I think about it I can’t seem to convince myself that Allardyce somehow stays.

Still convinced he’ll go end of the season.

People are presuming that the Brands "deal" is done....until I see positive proof I remain sceptical ....why the hell would he come here?

IF Moshiri retains him, it will, or should be anyrate, with a different mandate. If Sam reckons he is up to that, then fine, lets see.

But I doubt it.

Really good point. However, what's Allardyce got to lose if he stays? He accepts the challenge of trying to break the top 6 next season and it doesn't happen? Then what? He gets binned by Christmas and still walks away with a decent little pay off. He'll hang around unless he's pushed.

Really good point. However, what's Allardyce got to lose if he stays? He accepts the challenge of trying to break the top 6 next season and it doesn't happen? Then what? He gets binned by Christmas and still walks away with a decent little pay off. He'll hang around unless he's pushed.

Oh he has nothing to lose Adam. Financially.

Other than one last chance to prove to the world he can deliver decent, progressive football. Like I said, I doubt it. Too long in the tooth now.

This should be about us. Not him.

There's a 99% chance he can't take us back into Europe. We can scrap domestic cups cause he isn't arsed about them. It's almost certain this ends in tears before the Christmas decorations are being put up.

If we keep him for another season it means we've given up. There's no other way to put it.

He won’t be here, he will be sacked and a new manager brought in

The 29,000 season ticket renewals didn’t necessarily help the cause. If fans keep going to the games, Moshiri won’t feel the need to rush the next appointment. I don’t think Sam is here next season personally. If he is, the fans need to show some restraint and leave the stadium empty.

Maybe.

I have been consistent on this. He was hired to do a job, and he did it. Folk can argue the toss about the West Ham game, "Anyone could have" etc, fact is, he delivered on the mandate he was asked to adhere to.

IF Moshiri retains him, it will, or should be anyrate, with a different mandate. If Sam reckons he is up to that, then fine, lets see.

But I doubt it.
Moshiri is going to protect his asset. Can you imagine him risking another tilt on another manager who could take us back to bottom half of the table? I believe he's going to allow Allardyce the start of next season, by which time there will no doubt be a new DoF in and they can monitor the situation. I think this is done for the next six months or so.

Moshiri is going to protect his asset. Can you imagine him risking another tilt on another manager who could take us back to bottom half of the table? I believe he's going to allow Allardyce the start of next season, by which time there will no doubt be a new DoF in and they can monitor the situation. I think this is done for the next six months or so.
No chance, you don’t decide at Christmas to change Manager, that’s why we are in this mess. He will be gone

Honestly dont know mate. He may well look at Southampton, who booted a manager who got them 8th and a cup final, cos the fans didnt like the football, and wince a bit.

Or he might get this Brands bloke in as DOF, and take council from him.

My personal view, based on nothing, is that if Sam is kept on, he will be charged with a damn sight more challenging target that he was this season. If he is as good as he plainly thinks he is, well, lets see. Might be surprised.

Perhaps the worst thing about the whole fiasco today was the 'Entertainment' comment. Let's be honest since he arrived I don't think he's managed one entertaining game , at least from an Evertonian point of view. Even neutrals were united in regarding Monday's affair as dire.
Yet here he was secure in the knowledge he's going into next season as manager of Everton Football Club failing to hold out the prospect of better football to at least attempt to raise our flagging spirits. He doesn't even attempt to build up a rapport with the supporters. Instead he continues, as he has with throughout his career, to give the impression that he regards a football fans as an unfortunate necessity, something he scrapes off his boot.
And to top that off he actually compares himself to Diego Simeone!! If I was Diego I'd sue for slander.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back