Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No chance, you don’t decide at Christmas to change Manager, that’s why we are in this mess. He will be gone

But who's to say he'd need to?

I think some people need to stand back here and take a big swig of coffee. Do they realy think that we sack managers for not being in the European spots?

Moshiri may have flirted with that position but he's been playing us all. Top half is good enough for him and his connections. The name of the game is to stay safely in this division and get someone to pay for a stadium.

Moshiri may have flirted with that position but he's been playing us all. Top half is good enough for him and his connections. The name of the game is to stay safely in this division and get someone to pay for a stadium.

Whilst I might take issue with some of that, it is actually the end game. For a bundle of people and reasons.

Honestly dont know mate. He may well look at Southampton, who booted a manager who got them 8th and a cup final, cos the fans didnt like the football, and wince a bit.

Or he might get this Brands bloke in as DOF, and take council from him.

My personal view, based on nothing, is that if Sam is kept on, he will be charged with a damn sight more challenging target that he was this season. If he is as good as he plainly thinks he is, well, lets see. Might be surprised.
Not too much more than that would be my guess.

Moshiri talked about Top 6 with Koeman because of the spending he had and the fact that he thought Koeman was the man to get to the next level. Neither will apply with Sam Allardyce. If SA stays on Moshiri will have him recycling players for cash and telling him "top 8 again please".

I think some people need to stand back here and take a big swig of coffee. Do they realy think that we sack managers for not being in the European spots?

sadly I think you have hit the nail on the head

I think your right. Although I also allow for the possibility that Allardyce has bored him into the same state of abject apathy as the rest of us.
Sam Allardyce 'The Wizard of Apathy'.

Too much being made of this, BFS clearly trying to save face until the last press conference. He’s not going to come out and say “yea morishi doesn’t want me, I’m gone after the last game” - we all know what a massive ego he has. He’ll be gone soon enough

Reactions: Lob
Not too much more than that would be my guess.

Moshiri talked about Top 6 with Koeman because of the spending he had and the fact that he thought Koeman was the man to get to the next level. Neither will apply with Sam Allardyce. If SA stays on Moshiri will have him recycling players for cash and telling him "top 8 again please".

The mandate, if he stays, wont be "SOS". I think we can agree on that.

Solid top 6-8, tilt at EL, cup runs......not too shabby, whilst the bigger game is played out behind the scenes.

Its way too soon to be waxing about the state of the Sky 6 next season, but its fair to say 2 of them will have new managers, Spurs hitting a ceiling....

The 29,000 season ticket renewals didn’t necessarily help the cause. If fans keep going to the games, Moshiri won’t feel the need to rush the next appointment. I don’t think Sam is here next season personally. If he is, the fans need to show some restraint and leave the stadium empty.
Having spent their hard earned money that will not be easy.....This situation reminds me a little of the 70s under Bingham and Lee. I had an S/T in the street end during that period and had seen both the '63 and 70 sides....then we started to sllde. Most match days (Saturdays then) I would say to myself I'm not going but come midday my legs would automatically start walking to the bus stop and having got to the pub with my brother pre game, we would have a good moan about the team and then make our way to the ground. OK it wasn't all doom and gloom and the Kendall years weren't far off but now it seems that an apathy has set in even if the fans have nothing positive on the pitch to respond to....I luckily was rewarded for persisting with my S/T back in the day but I feel for all the fans who have seen us win sweet FA....losing semi finals just don't count. Its a habit perhaps, the only thing that will stop me going is my health....if the current chaos continues that may well be a blessing in disguise !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back