Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
His style is worse because he doesn't set out for a win in most matches and has no style of play. I'd take pragmatic but winning such as under periods with Moyes but often he just relies on a few individual moments, there's no ethos or style and if we go one up he just protects that instead of going for two. It all feels very hopeful going forward, which means we could easily go on a losing run as we can a run picking up points here and there like we are now. Watching us is a chore as a result. There's a chronic lack of ambition he said we are 'riding high' after today's match, which shows exactly why he should go at the end of the season, yes he's done a job stabilising us but we need more going forward.

Didnt/couldnt watch the match, but from what I can gather, he is getting a tune out of Morgs, he started Vlassic, who apparently did fine. He binned Rooney off, again, and made a decent sub with a 3rd CH when Huddersfield made an attacking change.

The stats show a much improved attacking display, and its been said the team look more confident after a decent little run.

Its really odd, cos if Unsy had delivered that, no problem.

Not a Pro Sam post, or an appeal that we keep him. Just a, hopefully objective, point or two, granted, having not watched it.

Genuinely disappointed in some of our fans.
Look, none of us really want Sam Allardyce managing our club. There's no dressing that up. And you could argue as well that other managers could have turned out situation around.

But he was given a specific job to do and he's done that job. No, it's not been pretty. But when we've tried to play expansive, "front foot" football (as Unsworth described it) we've been absolutely webbed by crap teams.

Booing managers should be reserved for when they're doing a terrible job and endangering the club. Allardyce has stabilised us, made two very good signings, and got us into the top half. That's not a sackable or booable offence.

I hope he's gone next season. I do. But he's a million miles from being someone we should be angry at.
The football we were playing at the start of the season was horrendous too, remember.

Can we all just finish this situation off in a dignified manner? A simple, "thanks for trying Sam, you're not for us for the long term, but cheers" would be fine.

If he hadn't been a snide in popcorning the supporters you may have a point, but he was and he did so he can GTF.

Not fit to be manager of our club. As others have pointed out, it's been the easiest job he's ever had, and he's made it difficult.

Asking someone if they are three years old is insulting, to be fair..

Not in the context of the post it isn't!

He said he had never seen a manager roll over for a big club (or words to that effect) in his lifetime. So from this I said that he must not have had a very long lifetime (ie 3 years old) as we roll over for big clubs all the time, and did it under Moyes and Koeman.

I think I need to jib this place off for a bit, it's doing my head in.

Maybe when Sam was appointed he was told "keep us up" and so his mentality is the same as it was with palace, sunderland etc. Maybe if mosh had said the goal is to finish 7th or get into Europe then he would go for it a lot more

The line of attack should be more against moshiri
Moshiri needs to take his fare share of the blame I agree. He panicked and hired the guy in the first place so has to account for that at least.

But Allardyce is the one who manages/picks the team and decides on tactics. He's also the one who sits in front of a camera most often spouting out words that rarely fail to wind up blues. there the things that make the blood boil and that's why he takes most of the stick.

The decisions made by the board/Moshiri/whoever is in charge during the next few months will, I think, be the most crucial perhaps in the last 30 years at our club. Do we want to continue with the mediocrity and no trophies attitude of the last 3 decades or do we want a proper vision and plan that will enable us to at least have a decent attempt to get into the top 6/win a cup or 2. Not suggesting at all that this will happen overnight because it most certainly wont but we need to start building a firm base with everyone at the club buying into it. Yes Sam is NOT the person to be our manager if the club is serious about progressing , so Moshiri needs to know our feelings and make decisions accordingly to allow us to regain hope and pride in EFC. If he doesn't I fear the worst

The problem is where we go from Sam. He is the manager you bring in when the brown stuff hits the fan. Who do we get if we repeat our dire start next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back