Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't see the game but by all accounts we played a bit better second half and had 4 shots on target. Huddersfield are poor mind you and it's nothing less than we should be expecting against teams like them. But it's better than the turgid defensive play we've become accustomed to so credit to him for the improvement.

Glad to see Vlasic given a chance and it sounded like he grew into the game (which is not surprising given as he has hardly played for about 4 months). If Allardyce did a little bit more of this with players like Beni, Klaassen and Funes Mori, maybe he might get a bit more credit.

It could be reversed though... we get it you love All kin dyce

Like what you did with the reversal...

However it's untrue I did not want big Sam to start with...

But I will defend the critisism & uncalled insults aimed at him that are totally unjustified...

I don't hate Sam Allardyce,I was one of the few who were willing to see what he could do at his biggest club job but I do hate his style of football and so do most people.

His style is no different from most managers if the truth is to be told...

Genuinely disappointed in some of our fans.
Look, none of us really want Sam Allardyce managing our club. There's no dressing that up. And you could argue as well that other managers could have turned out situation around.

But he was given a specific job to do and he's done that job. No, it's not been pretty. But when we've tried to play expansive, "front foot" football (as Unsworth described it) we've been absolutely webbed by crap teams.

Booing managers should be reserved for when they're doing a terrible job and endangering the club. Allardyce has stabilised us, made two very good signings, and got us into the top half. That's not a sackable or booable offence.

I hope he's gone next season. I do. But he's a million miles from being someone we should be angry at.
The football we were playing at the start of the season was horrendous too, remember.

Can we all just finish this situation off in a dignified manner? A simple, "thanks for trying Sam, you're not for us for the long term, but cheers" would be fine.

Very nice sentiments.

And Mr. Moshiri will think “ah...our fans are very happy with manager so it’s all good and we will carry on next season”.

Because you see those guys expressing their anger.....and doing so with my blessing and with my proxy BTW.....without them everyone outside Evertonia would think we were all happy as can be.

Moshiri and Sam might be happy enough to see us mired in mid table mediocrity but thankfully thousands are not and they are not letting the likes of Garth Crooks dictate how they view their football club.

In that case, have a bit of respect for your elders. Don't categorise all 'old people' as living in the past. Its just opinions, and sometimes opinions are the result of years of experience.
By the way, I'm 77 in July. And definitely not 'living in the past'.;)
look above,nothing against older people,you mistook what i mean,they saw performances back then as you might have,and they seem to say we were way worst,i know you were around that age as ive seen you mention it before in the past,and have a happy birthday ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back