Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Garth Crook saying we have gall for wanting pieman out. That's the lowest this club has been in my lifetime.
Garth crooks hates us to
Garth Crook saying we have gall for wanting pieman out. That's the lowest this club has been in my lifetime.
Garth Crooks always hated us as ta club - the fact he is praising Sam - he just wants us to fail in the future !

That’s the thing mate, a 2-0 away win, I should be buzzing, but it’s like, meh.

Haven’t felt this way for a long time, but the seasons end can’t come sooner enough for me, that’s the plus point after today’s game, there’s only 2 more games to go.

But Lou, any optimistic anticipation about next season, always a wistful summer daydream of mine, is almost certain to be taken away from us when we are officially informed he will be seeing out the final year of his contract.

Sigh.... I know as soon as I posted this you would say that.

I am not questioning your intelligence or anything I am saying that you must be about 3 years old if you think we have never had a manager in your lifetime who has not taken a defeat before a ball was kicked.

Were you not born when Moyes was here? Or Smith? We threw a derby under Moyes for example.

Make sense now?

Sigh... Don't post it then.

Ok, yes it's happened in the past, not on such a regular basis. We have always at least showed some passion and fight against the top clubs but this season there's just nothing there.

Gotta admit, bringing on Funes Mori as soon as he saw them readying Depoitre was sensible, that could have ended very differently had he nicked a goal.

Genuinely disappointed in some of our fans.
Look, none of us really want Sam Allardyce managing our club. There's no dressing that up. And you could argue as well that other managers could have turned out situation around.

But he was given a specific job to do and he's done that job. No, it's not been pretty. But when we've tried to play expansive, "front foot" football (as Unsworth described it) we've been absolutely webbed by crap teams.

Booing managers should be reserved for when they're doing a terrible job and endangering the club. Allardyce has stabilised us, made two very good signings, and got us into the top half. That's not a sackable or booable offence.

I hope he's gone next season. I do. But he's a million miles from being someone we should be angry at.
The football we were playing at the start of the season was horrendous too, remember.

Can we all just finish this situation off in a dignified manner? A simple, "thanks for trying Sam, you're not for us for the long term, but cheers" would be fine.

Sigh... Don't post it then.

Ok, yes it's happened in the past, not on such a regular basis. We have always at least showed some passion and fight against the top clubs but this season there's just nobody there.

Its not my fault you couldn't work out what I meant! I thought it was pretty obvious!

When have we shown some passion and fight against top sides then? Moyes was well known for rolling over more often than not. Our record against the "big clubs" for the past 25 years has been an utter disgrace. It is certainly nothing new is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back