• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Samuel Eto'o

Is Eto'o a good signing ?

• Err, Yes, he's boss

Votes: 549 76.3%
  • No, he'll be Martinez' Ginola

Votes: 110 15.3%
  • I only care about Cheese on Toast, Everton players don't interest me

Votes: 61 8.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think Eto'o will start Sunday myself. Lukaku is right off the boil at the minute. Eto'o looks very sharp and if I had the choice, he'd be starting Sunday against palace.

More like Lukaku was that awful.
Didn't think Lukaku was awful, some poor first touches but better than he often has and he did some nice work early on down the left wing iirc.

Eto'o came on when Wolfsberg were chasing the game and their defence tired, bit like when Lukaku came on vs the USA in the World Cup. Not taking anything away from a superb cameo from Eto'o but some of Lukaku's runs, passes and workrate seem to go un-noticed unless he scores goals.

Was he really that boss when he came on? I was there and thought he looked sound like, but not as good as you're saying.
Yes he was. I was there too.

I did a complete 180 after seeing him against Chelsea. Without doubt our best player and should be starting every game.

He also has the shortest legs in the Premiership. Little known fact.

He's class. So so good. I just don't know if dropping Rom is the right idea just yet though, I'd love to see a team with both of them in.

Agree. Also I'd like to see Eto'o get about half an hour at the end of each match, but leave Rom on the field. Probably take off one of Naismith/Mirallas/McGeady and shunt the midfield round so that Eto'o is number 10 with Rom ahead of him.

no defence in the league is gonna like that for the last 20-30 minutes.

Offers something quite different to Rom. Lacks the physical presence that Rom has and uses to pull in defenders, but is very good technically with great vision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back