• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Samuel Eto'o

Is Eto'o a good signing ?

• Err, Yes, he's boss

Votes: 549 76.3%
  • No, he'll be Martinez' Ginola

Votes: 110 15.3%
  • I only care about Cheese on Toast, Everton players don't interest me

Votes: 61 8.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A genuine world class player in his prime and still at a very high level. I thought after his 20 minute cameo against Chelsea that he is the best player at the club with his awareness and his first touch. You could see that he's on a different level.

Great to know that he advises the younger players and I hope that the kids at the club get to speak to him as well and get advice from him, he could be one of the best signings ever for this reason. Love watching him in an Everton shirt and still can't quite believe it.

Can you imagine being a young lad at Everton like Duffus, Long or Hope and Everton try and put you out on loan. I would tell them to do one because it would be a once in a lifetime chance to learn from a master finisher day in day out at training.

Lawrenson is a complete imbecile.

Utterly embarrassing comments - the 'top top club' remark and the 'officially 33' remark too.

What a disgrace. Feel like complaining to the BBC about him.

Last edited:

tbh mate i even remember Sky taking the pss after the Chelsea game and saying something similar. They think it's all a bit of banter when in reality a fair few complaint could be made about it.
All stemmed from Mourinho making a "joke" about it last season, supposedly off mike but got reported in the press. Eto'o took it well in public with his old man celebration at the corner flag, but tbh think it was comments such as this that made him determinded to prove he wasn't past it in such as physical league such as ours.

Liverpool turning their noses up at him in favour of Balotelli probably added to his desire to show his class. Just thankful it was with us.

Reminds of what Saha bought to the team. Similar characteristics both joining us at their twilight of their career. Two proven goal scorers with god sent ball control and technique. Pace naturally deterred, but vision and touch never left. Them clinical and power strikes!

Well, Eto'oo thus far is not built of glass.

Last edited:
Lawrenson is a complete imbecile.

Utterly embarrassing comments - the 'top top club' remark and the 'officially 33' remark too.

What a disgrace. Feel like complaining to the BBC about him.
''Top, top club'' stuff didn't bother me, as what he meant by that was your Barcas, Reals, Munichs etc., so it was a compliment to Eto'o rather than a dig at us.

The ''officially 33 stuff'' was disgusting though, borderline racist that.

"you sign Lambert, we sign Samuel Eto'o, Samuel Eto'o" ... or something like that, I wasn't totally sure myself so sang quietly.

The other one was just a simple Eto'o, Eto'o ;)
And Barkley has Osman dont forget.

Also, does Eto score crap goals?

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back