Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Sandro Ramirez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robles is better than Stekelenburg and as good as Pickford (a serious overpayment for him and we should and could have got better for cheaper. Also, there is no one better than Deulofeu who Koeman brought in up front. And Stones as a player outside the back four is a very talented player. McCarthy has been ribbed of his effectiveness by injury.

All told the point holds: Koeman inherited a very good core of first team players...which is why even this seasons and after three windows he'll still be using a fair few of them.

@AsiaAsia82 @Eggsyblueskin @MACCA75
We're veering off topic again... It's the Sandro thread

Robles is better than Stekelenburg and as good as Pickford (a serious overpayment for him and we should and could have got better for cheaper. Also, there is no one better than Deulofeu who Koeman brought in up front. And Stones as a player outside the back four is a very talented player. McCarthy has been ribbed of his effectiveness by injury.

All told the point holds: Koeman inherited a very good core of first team players...which is why even this seasons and after three windows he'll still be using a fair few of them.

Wow.

Your either a bad smack head

Or a bad attention seeking lad struggling with puberty

Robles is shocking

Gerri has one lung so anyone with two is better

“My philosophy and my way of working is not to keep clean sheets, my philosophy is to win games,”
- Bobby72
Final nail that did it for me...anyway, back on topic.

I hope this goes through, especially now that the Gray rumours are getting air time. :oops:

I agree that there is a list of good players but most of those he inherited or where already on their way and those he did bring (Luakau aside - when he was actually after Ba) shows he didn't have a great policy of recruitment. If you list all the players he brought in, most aren't on this list. Martinez benefitted from Moyes defensive set up, had the luxury of a striker to the level Moyes never had. I think Martinez recruitment and fitness policies were both found out. Yes we had the ability to raise our game on specific occasions, ie in cups but we were a soft team, that good managers outplayed easily. Still early for Koeman, his back room team seem to getting to grips with the fitness, he just needs to update the squad to meet his way of playing. The recruitment looks better than Martinez, but faces a massive challenge of replacing Lukaku and to make us a more physical and competitive team. I for one am looking forward not backwards supporting Koeman.
He was here three seasons mate. You have to take that on board.

He brought our best signing in for the past few decades in Lukaku; our most talented player since I dont know when in Deulofeu; McCarthy before industry was considered one of (if not the most) important players in the team; he bought the now established Argentinian international, Mori, who will certainly fetch more than Everton paid for him when/if he moves on; no one can argue that Barry has been probably our most consistently good player for three of the last 4 seasons.

Was there tripe also brought in? You bet there was. But what manager could you not say that about? Look at Koeman and the rubbish he's brought in after 12 months: Bolasie and Calvert-Lewin, Willaims and Valencia. And Moyes: I could make a list as long as your arm with the rubbish he brought here over 11 years.

So if the players were good, and the manager was good, why were we utter dross for Martinez last 2 years?
The first season is there as testimony to what could be done. A collapse in self belief was the reason for the chaotic second season (apart from the EL campaign) and the last three months of the third season.

He brought our best signing in for the past few decades in Lukaku; our most talented player since I dont know when in Deulofeu; McCarthy before industry was considered one of (if not the most) important players in the team; he bought the now established Argentinian international, Mori, who will certainly fetch more than Everton paid for him when/if he moves on; no one can argue that Barry has been probably our most consistently good player for three of the last 4 seasons.

Was there tripe also brought in? You bet there was. But what manager could you not say that about? Look at Koeman and the rubbish he's brought in after 12 months: Bolasie and Calvert-Lewin, Willaims and Valencia. And Moyes: I could make a list as long as your arm with the rubbish he brought here over 11 years.

Martinez bought Niasse, Mcgeady, Alcarez, and Kone. Love the way you fail to remember the crap he brought in. Bolasie was a decent signing, and i will save judgment till he's back. Williams actually improved our defence, and Calvert-Lewin is only young and still learning massively. Now go to bed you kopite.

Robles really isn't as good as Pickford mate and yes we overpaid to ensure we got him in fast before another team went for him

Agree with the rest of what you said though about Stek and McCarthy, although will point out that a huge part of McCarthys injury problems do stem back to Martinez rushing him back and playing him whilst carrying an injury still, lad never fully recovered from breaking down again

Moyes signed Arteta, Pienaar, Baines, Lescott, Cahill, Jagielka and Coleman for a combined cost of about £23 million. He had a few duds too but he was generally a genius in the transfer market and basically saved us as a football club. Martinez tried his best to undo that work but we're getting back on track now. Martinez' only contribution was Lukaku which was a complete no brainer as a transfer. It wasn't a rabbit out of a hat like Moyes did so often. Very few of Martinez' transfers have exceeded expectations. Actually, I can't think of any. Most have just done what we expected (Barry, McCarthy, Mori) or much worse (Niasse).

Do you think Rioch deserves more credit for signing Bergkamp?

Managers get lucky sometimes and el fraudo lucked out big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back