Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Sandro Ramirez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only we could have a transfer that day after day apparently is done yet isn't

And only we could sign a player on a deal that allows him to leave after one season

If you don't wanna be here then don't sign!! Pathetic. Whole deal is a joke. Yes we will make money when we sell him but surely success and having a team that wants to be here is more important than money?

There probably is a clause in his contract that allows him to leave after 12 months. I don't see the problem as i can not believe that it won't be conditional i.e appearances, transfer fee, bids from certain clubs. If he's simply not good enough then we'll not make a loss as any release clause will not be less than the current release. If he is a success then hopefully the release clause is high enough to compensate us. Hopefully Everton have been clever and not too desperate to get him in.

He may develop a love for the club but realistically in these days it's unlikely. If Barcelona came in for one of our past players lauded for being true evertonians does anyone realistically think that they would stay.

Robles
Baines
Coleman
Barkley
McCarthy
Lukaku
Mirallas
Deulofeu
Davies
Holgate
Stones
Besic
Barry

...that's a team of players he had at his disposal who Koeman used on a regular basis (two of which he chose to either sell or loan out).

Any manager coming into a PL club would have been very very happy with a squad core of that quality.

Another inconvenient truth.

Robles - Obviously he is a no.2 back-up keeper.
Baines - He was signed by Moyes.
Coleman - He was signed by Moyes.
Barkley - He was signed by Moyes or his academy.
McCarthy - He's ok as a squad player but will be sold because his priority is Ireland.
Lukaku - I will let you have this. The only great signing.
Mirallas - He was signed by Moyes.
Deulofeu - Even the fraud dropped him are you trying to rewrite history again?
Davies - He was signed by Moyes or his academy?
Holgate - One for the future.
Stones - He was signed by Moyes again.
Besic - 30 games in 3 seasons said it all.
Barry - Good signing although he is getting on a bit.

The truth is you are trying to rewrite history again. Can you name the crap and mess Martinez had left behind?

Moyes signed Arteta, Pienaar, Baines, Lescott, Cahill, Jagielka and Coleman for a combined cost of about £23 million. He had a few duds too but he was generally a genius in the transfer market and basically saved us as a football club. Martinez tried his best to undo that work but we're getting back on track now. Martinez' only contribution was Lukaku which was a complete no brainer as a transfer. It wasn't a rabbit out of a hat like Moyes did so often. Very few of Martinez' transfers have exceeded expectations. Actually, I can't think of any. Most have just done what we expected (Barry, McCarthy, Mori) or much worse (Niasse).

Do you think Rioch deserves more credit for signing Bergkamp?

Managers get lucky sometimes and el fraudo lucked out big time.
@EFCccc @bluestevon
OFF TOPIC !!

McCarthy - He's ok as a squad player but will be sold because his priority is Ireland.

The truth is you are trying to rewrite history again. Can you name the crap and mess Martinez had left behind?

OFF TOPIC !!

Just stop engaging with it.

The first season is there as testimony to what could be done. A collapse in self belief was the reason for the chaotic second season (apart from the EL campaign) and the last three months of the third season.

Oh, I see. So that's just a random event? Like a tornado? A butterfly flaps its wings in Africa, causing an unpredictable chain reaction that can, under certain conditions, cause a Premiere League team to lose its self belief? Scary. Hope it doesn't happen to us again!

There probably is a clause in his contract that allows him to leave after 12 months. I don't see the problem as i can not believe that it won't be conditional i.e appearances, transfer fee, bids from certain clubs. If he's simply not good enough then we'll not make a loss as any release clause will not be less than the current release. If he is a success then hopefully the release clause is high enough to compensate us. Hopefully Everton have been clever and not too desperate to get him in.

He may develop a love for the club but realistically in these days it's unlikely. If Barcelona came in for one of our past players lauded for being true evertonians does anyone realistically think that they would stay.
Barca comes in for one of our players??
Never mind the Players - The Manager would be off like a shot too.

Tbf you can't give moyes credit for a few of those, especially Davies. Must be noted he was unwilling to give barkley a chance for years but as soon as marinez came in he was a main man and had his best seasons under him. Anyway, off topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back