• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Saudi Arabia Premier league

Status
Not open for further replies.
Al Hilal just offered €300m for Mbappe!

I assume PSG will accept. Surely Mbappe won't want to go there though.

Twenty-four is a young age to give up playing competitive football.
Every time a top player goes there people say “why’s he going there it’s not a proper league?”. What’s the tipping point? I don’t like what they’re doing but at some point you have to concede they’ve bought themselves a proper league.

Every time a top player goes there people say “why’s he going there it’s not a proper league?”. What’s the tipping point? I don’t like what they’re doing but at some point you have to concede they’ve bought themselves a proper league.
If they really want it to become a proper, respected league, able to compete with the top leagues, it's going to take them a long time and lots of investment.

I'm talking a decade if not longer because it simply isn't a quick process. Mbappe is a brilliant player and will be a shining light, but that is one player.

People may then mention Cristiano Ronaldo and others, but what about the average standard? There'll still be a large percentage of players who are dross.

It will take them time to make the league competitive because it will require them to bring a real depth. They may be able to do it... they may actually do it...

... but I still think there's more of a chance of it not prospering than doing so - think of China's failed attempt.

You jave to just laugh at the Mbappe thing. It's just so ridiculous, it's funny.
I can see him taking it. Surely you would be mad not to take it. 1 year and you have proper FU money, or a year sitting on the bench at PSG. Surely you take the money, kick a ball about for a year, then move to your dream club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back