• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Saudi Arabia Premier league

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF i was worth about 60mil and not even half way though my career and was a world superstar i would turn it down, his lifestyle wont change one iota with an extra 400mil he already can afford anything he wants. Its nothing but pure greed, but what do we expect in the world we live in today.
Depends what his future goals are. He could easily park that money in some investment, and return to it in 10nyears or so. Would get gim started with a nice MLS franchise.

Reactions: JLW
Can anyone give me any positivity that this Saudi project won't change the game (terribly) forever? Don't get me wrong I know money has already tainted it a massive amount, but this is a new world. Their wealth seems absolutely bottomless.

I honestly don't get this line of thinking.

If he was starving to death then taking the money might be impossible to say no to, as it stands he makes a million a month and doesn't have to play in an awful league with increased levels of corruption and bigotry.

Depends how big the contract is, but I’m defo going there if I can make 20x the wage for one year. Who cares if it’s an awful league if you already know your next stop is Real Madrid. Players get serious injuries that put them out for 6-12 months plenty of time and their career isn’t over… think of it like that except he gets to keep playing football and earning a shed full of money

Everything is for sale, Saudis and other Gulf states perfectly demonstrates that this "great moral values" by the West are nothing more than one big hypocrisy.
Throw enough money and you can buy everything, sport, weapons, politicians, beautiful women, you name it.......

Its a cynical world and real life got not much in common with online moralizing mostly made for internet likes and clicks.
Of course it is, the world is driven by money greed and power and yes everything has a price.

Saudi are only doing (but on a bigger scale) what the PL have been doing for years flashing the cash to get the highest profile players.
I don't believe it will take off regardless of how much they throw at it.

China tried it and failed and i believe the same will happen here.

I would care, marco silva obviously cares. Its a short career and incredibly hard to get to the top. That year out will be something he can't get back.

He has already earned generational wealth, when is enough enough that you don't just become a slave to it?
I wouldn’t say spending 9 months of your life playing football in a crap league is being a slave but to each their own, it’s a personal decision

I honestly don't get this line of thinking.

If he was starving to death then taking the money might be impossible to say no to, as it stands he makes a million a month and doesn't have to play in an awful league with increased levels of corruption and bigotry.
Sadly, money talks and drives many people. Those with immense wealth often want to grow their immense wealthier even more - it's like an addiction so to speak.

As you say, he's not even your typical top tier professional footballer: he's earned mega bucks from a very young age and will continue to do so at PSG or Real.

If he goes there, it's pure greed and shows more about his overall motives rather than any love for the game. Look at the current contract impasse...

... look at how he's built a situation at PSG where he had a huge hand in the club's running. If he gets big money and big power, I think he will take it.

In reality, he could easily come to the PL or La Liga on a very lucrative deal to play at the highest level, but is that what the real driving force in his career?

Kylian Mbappe: Al Hilal 'make £259m offer' for PSG and France forward​

surely these Saudi nutters can be persuaded to offer us £50m for Michael Keane? Just tell them he’s played for England.

Sadly, money talks and drives many people. Those with immense wealth often want to grow their immense wealthier even more - it's like an addiction so to speak.

As you say, he's not even your typical top tier professional footballer: he's earned mega bucks from a very young age and will continue to do so at PSG or Real.

If he goes there, it's pure greed and shows more about his overall motives rather than any love for the game. Look at the current contract impasse...

... look at how he's built a situation at PSG where he had a huge hand in the club's running. If he gets big money and big power, I think he will take it.

In reality, he could easily come to the PL or La Liga on a very lucrative deal to play at the highest level, but is that what the real driving force in his career?
He wants Madrid though, so.why bother looking at what the PL can offer, who will want to tie him down for 5 years.
It looks like his option is, take the deal for a year, or stay at home and twiddle your thumbs.
Your gonna take the deal. Unless he says no, and Madrid go to PSG here is £10m. We will take him off your hands and you your save paying about £50m in wages to someone who is not doing anything for it.
I bet its a discussion in the background.
PSG can say they want to sell him all they like, they can't make him actually sign a contract with a club

There's absolutely no chance at all of any club in world football throwing £1b at Mbappe for one year. Madrid aren't going to pay £250m for him next year, and the Saudi club won't offer a one year contract. If his dream is to play for Madrid, he's going to have to reject Saudi and sit on the bench all season in Paris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back