• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Saudi Arabia Premier league

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one completely not @rsed about it?
If someone wants to go to another country and earn many many millions of pounds, good luck to them. The days of players spending their careers at their local club died out many moons ago, they are all mercenaries going to whoever pays the most. And if the Saudis are daft enough to think people will suddenly say they are a bunch of decent blokes just because they pay Ronaldo a lot of money, they absolutely have more money than sense.

The Saudis are pretty much only doing what the EPL along with clubs like Barca and Real have been doing for years - paying lots of money for mercenary players.

Good luck to them

Maybe this is how the Super League happens. Big 6, Real Madrid, Barca, Juve, the Milan clubs, and PSG combined with 4 to 6 of the Saudi clubs. The Saudi money is spread around enough to establish themselves as far far above anything left in the remains of Europe's old structure.

I'm not sure that works for the English clubs but I feel confident Juve, Barcelona and Madrid will consider whatever sends the most money to the directors pockets.

Maybe this is how the Super League happens. Big 6, Real Madrid, Barca, Juve, the Milan clubs, and PSG combined with 4 to 6 of the Saudi clubs. The Saudi money is spread around enough to establish themselves as far far above anything left in the remains of Europe's old structure.

I'm not sure that works for the English clubs but I feel confident Juve, Barcelona and Madrid will consider whatever sends the most money to the directors pockets.
We have just seen Golf get taken over, its not on the same scale as European Football, but these people certainly have the money to make it happen.

Could see it. Maybe even excludes the English clubs at first

ESL should have been allowed to happen with the sky 6 kicked out the league.

Sadly you had fans of the other 14 clubs crying for them to be forced to stay in the PL.

More fool them as the gap gets wider and wider.

Before/when FFP was first introduced you had teams like Wigan, Birmingham & Middlesbrough winning trophies.

Only side during FFP era to win ought domestically is Leicester with the next likely a Saudi doped up Newcastle bending the rules.

All of a sudden footballers are being presented what would very likely be a once in a lifetime opportunity to earn as much money in two years as they would in 20 years on their top salary in the Premier League.

It's absolutely staggering that this is being allowed to happen and have Saudi continue their brazen sportswashing. But enough palms are being greased for people to turn the other way and allow it.

Just think how lucky these young fellas are: not only did they make it as a professional footballer, not only did they make it on multi-million pound contracts in the best league in the world, but they're now - not even the genuine world class players - are being given the chance to earn £1m and more a week.

£1m a week. That's about what the average person earns in 30 years, three entire decades of long, hard, stressful work. Some even on 50/60 hour weeks taking years off their life through manual labour. Probably tax free for these footballers as well?

Stop this world because I want to get off. Football is dead.
Tax free indeed. When is enough enough?
It's mad.

They'll offer UEFA that much money they'll end up in the champions league. Or this super league will come to fruition again. Just when you think football can't be anymore corrupt on and off the pitch it takes another twist and you can bet your bottom Arabian dollar that some of these dodgy owners selling these players to the Saudis have got their greasy little fingers in the pie.

Am I the only one completely not @rsed about it?
If someone wants to go to another country and earn many many millions of pounds, good luck to them. The days of players spending their careers at their local club died out many moons ago, they are all mercenaries going to whoever pays the most. And if the Saudis are daft enough to think people will suddenly say they are a bunch of decent blokes just because they pay Ronaldo a lot of money, they absolutely have more money than sense.

The Saudis are pretty much only doing what the EPL along with clubs like Barca and Real have been doing for years - paying lots of money for mercenary players.

Good luck to them
No, you're not. I'm repulsed by it. Their human rights record is disgusting and anyone who accepts money to play over there will go well down in my estimation. Having said that, they can take Keane for $50 million as far as I'm concerned.

The more they attract the more the PL let clubs like City spend to try and keep some names in the league, and ironically most of that money will be coming from the Middle Eastern lot anyway.

That of course means that anybody who still supports a club that isn’t owned by a saintly Arab state will have an even more pointless existence (is that possible at this point?) as they’re then guaranteed that they’ll never see their club win anything again.

ESL should have been allowed to happen with the sky 6 kicked out the league.

Sadly you had fans of the other 14 clubs crying for them to be forced to stay in the PL.

More fool them as the gap gets wider and wider.

Before/when FFP was first introduced you had teams like Wigan, Birmingham & Middlesbrough winning trophies.

Only side during FFP era to win ought domestically is Leicester with the next likely a Saudi doped up Newcastle bending the rules.
The thing is the 6 ESL clubs wanted to stay in the EPL as well.

They wouldn't be gone, the league would be more of a closed shop and they'd still continue to win it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back