• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Saudi Arabia Premier league

Status
Not open for further replies.
They won't join the Champions League, but the club World Cup will become bigger. Who knows, maybe it will overtake the Champions League one day.

They've already done this haven't they, I'd come on to say exactly this. Think it's becoming some big 24 team tournament from the next one (?) onwards. I'm guessing that might become now a by-proxy champions league rather than the charity shield level prize it currently is.

They've already done this haven't they, I'd come on to say exactly this. Think it's becoming some big 24 team tournament from the next one (?) onwards. I'm guessing that might become now a by-proxy champions league rather than the charity shield level prize it currently is.
Yeah I could imagine that happening definitely.

32 teams from 2025. Played in June/July.

Coincidently this years is in Saudi.

Mad really. They are paying Kante £100m a year for three years, but could easily buy a Premier League side for that money.

It's a shame in some ways that Kante is moving into this league

Good for him that he's getting his money, but he was still good enough to do it for a big club in Europe I think

I've always felt like Kante was kind of underrated actually

He's genuinely one of the best CDM's of all-time IMO

Criminal that he never won a Ballon

Please please please take some of our unbelievably talented players who struggle to get in our outstanding Everton side.

One used to play for Barcelona you know which should guarantee £25m+ ,sold unseen, no questions asked. Others, who are equally as good, start from £20m and you can take as many as you want.

If only I were director of football transfers that would be my opening gambit to Shiekh Whoever! Then again if only we had a director of any sort!

i noticed that they are signing alot of muslim players i.e. kante, ziyech, koulibaly, benzema and they are also linked with mane, mahrez, bonou, partey

with onana our most sellable player and being muslim wonder if he would consider going to saudi for a few years

can see gueye and doucoure going there next season as well when their contracts end

Last edited:
i noticed that they are signing alot of muslim players i.e. kante, ziyech, koulibaly, benzema and they are also linked with mane, mahrez, bonou, partey

with onana our most sellable player and being muslim wonder if he would consider going to saudi for a few years

can see gueye and doucoure going there next season as well when their contracts end
That'll be very attractive for Gueye. No rainbow laces campaigns there.

This has escalated quickly. Premier league won’t be able to sort this mess out as they’ll be scared of upsetting people.
Saudi teams in champions league and super league in 2-3 years.
Will be interesting to see how this plays out and whether the established European order will be for this or against. On one hand they want to protect their position but on the other hand some of of these foreign owners will be thinking of that Saudi money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back