SCRAP VAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
The technology is fine. The people using it, especially in the Premier League, are the issue. They go down rabbit holes looking for players who are a centimeter offside or tiny fouls in the buildup to a goal, instead of trying to fix the most glaring errors.

The lack of restraint in the PL is very clear when you watch other countries use VAR.

The NRL have a Captain's Challenge for their Rugby League.

That seems to work pretty well. It is limited to 1 per half but if successful, a further challenge is allowed and so on until unsuccessful. In the matches I watch here in the UK it is not being abused.

I recognise this only applies to Ref's decisions and would not be practical if it could be made in respect of a VAR official decision.

I still think similar would be worth considering and would be some improvement on the present positoion
Rugby is a game with frequent breaks. I just don’t think VAR aligns well with football. It destroys the flow of the game.

It also hasn’t eradicated errors. Rather, it has created another layer of confusion.

….nothing wrong with VAR, just it’s interpretation.

it’s here to stay.
Exactly. As it's been mentioned so many times, do other countries that implement it have so many contentious decisions made using it? It feels not.

For me, it's a very close decision as where the line has been drawn (this is the crux of the issue) isn't completely distinguishable between the shoulder and elbow.

I recollect they were aiming to be more forgiving in such decisions, but once again the inconsistencies mean we're denied a goal.

1661926037102.png

Status
Not open for further replies.