Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2024/25 Seamus Coleman

I think it's unfair to compare Coleman to the second best full back the premier league's ever seen mate.
Nah just an improvement on crossing - I'm still surprised he didn't improve with that as it was a very visible weakness when he came through as a winger too. You'd think with gametime/experience/coaching (for a team that primarily crossed the ball from wide) he'd improve but he sadly didn't. Doesn't make him the worst RB or anything like that (even though he's really trying to get that current-day title I guess :lol: ) but disappointing nonetheless.

Nah just an improvement on crossing - I'm still surprised he didn't improve with that as it was a very visible weakness when he came through as a winger too. You'd think with gametime/experience/coaching (for a team that primarily crossed the ball from wide) he'd improve but he sadly didn't. Doesn't make him the worst RB or anything like that (even though he's really trying to get that current-day title I guess :lol: ) but disappointing nonetheless.
A lot of our play back then didn't revolve around crosses, it was a lot of full back overlap and cutting inside and finding a midfielder near top or corner of the box, Baines and Pienaar were exemplary at it but Coleman and Osman would link up well too.

For what it's worth, Irwin is the best PL fullback there's been imo, Baines and Cole were as good as each other. Irwin was revolutionary.

A lot of our play back then didn't revolve around crosses, it was a lot of full back overlap and cutting inside and finding a midfielder near top or corner of the box, Baines and Pienaar were exemplary at it but Coleman and Osman would link up well too.

For what it's worth, Irwin is the best PL fullback there's been imo, Baines and Cole were as good as each other. Irwin was revolutionary.
They did link up well, but again, the final ball was often a bit behind/ahead - I don't mean a cross only as a cross from deep, any kind really. A lot of times with attacks that ended up over/underhit you'd ask yourself how as it was easier to put it in but he just didn't look up every time. Remember Lukaku being very animated about those :lol: as he was for most things he didn't like. Either way, that's a lifetime ago now and he's in the (sad) twilight of his career and he won't improve anyway.

I only know of Irwin to be honest, and from the praise from other players, as he's a tiny bit before my time. I honestly don't agree with the Cole shout at all but that's down to opinion as well and he did win quite a lot and had the media with him. I just never got the hype as I saw/was around for more or less his entire career and he was obviously good, but, "best ever"...?

There's alot of people that use Seamus Coleman "for clout". It's wrong but you can see it happening. Was happening this evening on social media. All to appear "the biggest blue" from it
Read this in Donald trump voice, hilarious generalisation with zero evidence again.

There's alot of people that use Seamus Coleman "for clout". It's wrong but you can see it happening. Was happening this evening on social media. All to appear "the biggest blue" from it
Yeah, I get that now mate, it's just that when I was a young seafarer we used to go ashore looking for clout, a different thing altogether, as I now realise. I hadn't heard this new use of the phrase before tonight.

Yeah, I get that now mate, it's just that when I was a young seafarer we used to go ashore looking for clout, a different thing altogether, as I now realise. I hadn't heard this new use of the phrase before tonight.

That isn't the "clout" I was referring to

It's there are some individuals that you can see on twitter that make it appear they're Seamus Coleman's greatest fans and try to out do others. They're typically those with "profile". I've noted they've been doing it

For me Seamus Coleman's rep speaks for itself

But I'm seeing some trying to use it for their own ends. "For clout" in/surrounding the club

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back