2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Dyche's aim/target for next season will be to keep a bit of breathing space between us and the bottom three, and to stop us being the team that the other 19 sides in the league look forward to playing.

I think Dyche's aim/target for next season will be to keep a bit of breathing space between us and the bottom three, and to stop us being the team that the other 19 sides in the league look forward to playing.

I would honestly at this stage take 1 place out of the bottom 3. I cant for the life of me see anything there. Everything is a concern. The lack of goals and the real danger we might br playing keane and Godfrey at the back.

I don't need to be a mind reader to know Dyche doesn't set targets. I managed to deduce it from the number of times he's said the words "I don't set targets" in his many interviews. Most people don't exactly need the Sherlock Holmes box-set to figure it out.

Cant believe i missed this post lol

Nowadays I genuinely don't think Managers do set targets. Unders and there's pressure, overs and there's not enough. Of course in his head he'll have an ambition, as will everyone, but the goal is to remove that from the mind of staff and players.

Most managers have an idea of what kind of performance level, and what style of performance they want to see from their side and will believe that if the team achieves that then the results will follow.

There are too many freaky things that can happen in football so why would you aim for wins against teams ABC and draws against teams XYZ. Better off preparing the team as best you can and betting that it will work out in the long run if you stick to the philosophy.

You see it with Pep, when they lose he says that the team played amazing. He wants the team to forget about results and think about the footy and the footy alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.